How to slow down stretching

• Thread starter jcfromsd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jcfromsd

How do I slow down the stretching? So it doesn't outgrow my tent. I'm at week 3. I know it still has a lot of stretching to go.
How to slow down stretching

J

jcfromsd

I'm assuming you mean week 3 of flower. And the stretch is basically over at the end of week 3. To slow the stretch I've heard of using a blue light.
Thx. Do I add the blue light along my other light?

N

Natep

It looks like it is doing fine to me. You might have to raise that light a bit more.

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Blue supplement lighting will help keep it from stretching for sure. But the best thing to do is to top it. Cut 2 or 3 inches at a time. Until your desired preference. Give it a week to recover.

J

jcfromsd

It looks like it is doing fine to me. You might have to raise that light a bit more.
Yeah, it's doing fine for now. That's the point of this post. I'm running out of room. I have another foot of light space to work with for now. Past plants was always tight, and I had to do a lot of bending to control the growth upward.

J

jcfromsd

Blue supplement lighting will help keep it from stretching for sure. But the best thing to do is to top it. Cut 2 or 3 inches at a time. Until your desired preference. Give it a week to I top
Blue supplement lighting will help keep it from stretching for sure. But the best thing to do is to top it. Cut 2 or 3 inches at a time. Until your desired preference. Give it a week to recover.
I did top it once during veg. Why would I top it now? It's all flowers

Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Yeah once it's in flower you don't top it. You top it before you flip to flower that way it doesn't bounce back and triple up. It won't stretch after day 21 of flower

Top Bottom