how to slow growth?

• Thread starter Dredog32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dredog32

Dredog32

Hi my fellow outdoor growers, quick question, I'm currently using nectar of the gods nutrients and have my girls in 1 gallon pots getting them ready for transplant into 5 gallon. My girls are growing pretty fast and strong but kind of to big because I still have at least July and August left to veg. Will putting them in the shade help slow these girls down? Oh, I live in socal by the way.

Dredog32

Dredog32

I live in a residential area, and walls aren't to tall, 5 ft.

Dredog32

Dredog32

Had that in mind , I just wanted to see if putting them in the shade late afternoon would slow down the growth. Thanks for help.

SunGrown

SunGrown

The shade will not slow down growth, actually it can make them get taller faster.

Also, please do not use PGR's like bushmaster.

If u want smaller plants do not plant until mid july, and even then they can get 8 or more feet tall with a quickness.

Hope this helps!

Dredog32

Dredog32

Thanks for the advice, I didn't know putting them in the shade would do that, thanks, there's something always new to learn. Makes since, their reaching for the light. UR right, I should have waited till July. I was just so eager to get my garden going, I luv waking up in the morning around 6am, foiler spray them, talk to them..etc..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
See the Photo of the month? (on the left of every page >>)
Make it look like that :)

Have you topped it yet?

J

jay530dogg

Hi my fellow outdoor growers, quick question, I'm currently using nectar of the gods nutrients and have my girls in 1 gallon pots getting them ready for transplant into 5 gallon. My girls are growing pretty fast and strong but kind of to big because I still have at least July and August left to veg. Will putting them in the shade help slow these girls down? Oh, I live in socal by the way.
Top it

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I want to show you sumthin :)
i put this seedling in this bed back on april 27th
dago-2_427-jpg.400457

and topped her just before that..
this is her now :)
Dago3617

Pot plants can easily be as wide or wider than they are tall