How to sprout your seeds quick and easy

• Thread starter Ponky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

Xs.Vyper

I cycle a few regular strains that I breed and that means 2-3 years old seeds. Here's how I germinate my seeds

Soak my seeds in pure 3% h202 (no water) for 24 hrs...after 24 hrs, seeds starts to germinate
Remove h2o2 and replace it with water and let it soak for another 24 hrs .... most at this point would have a tiny tail and can be directly planted

For good measure, I place the seeds in a wet paper towel and let it sit in the dark for another 24 hrs....at this point seeds have about an inch or longer tail.

I would just say, I have 99.99% germination rate.

Ponky

Ponky

I cycle a few regular strains that I breed and that means 2-3 years old seeds. Here's how I germinate my seeds

Soak my seeds in pure 3% h202 (no water) for 24 hrs...after 24 hrs, seeds starts to germinate
Remove h2o2 and replace it with water and let it soak for another 24 hrs .... most at this point would have a tiny tail and can be directly planted

For good measure, I place the seeds in a wet paper towel and let it sit in the dark for another 24 hrs....at this point seeds have about an inch or longer tail.

I would just say, I have 99.99% germination rate.
Why the peroxide? I mean seeds pop in 24 hours in just water for me usually and I just plant them. Is it a fungus control thing or something? Or does it revive old seeds or something like that?

X

Xs.Vyper

Why the peroxide? I mean seeds pop in 24 hours in just water for me usually and I just plant them. Is it a fungus control thing or something? Or does it revive old seeds or something like that?
Yes

Kills any contamination
Soften the tissue that joins the seed pods together and allow oxygen to enter easier and earlier and speed up germination.

Lots of sites out there recommend a diluted 3% peroxide for soaking but I've been soaking them in straight 3% with no problem.

Ponky

Ponky

Yes

Kills any contamination
Soften the tissue that joins the seed pods together and allow oxygen to enter easier and earlier and speed up germination.

Lots of sites out there recommend a diluted 3% peroxide for soaking but I've been soaking them in straight 3% with no problem.
Guess I can try it. Although they always seem to just pop overnight right away. Never done old seeds. Should try it.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Normally never have problems but had a batch of old growth OG that I couldn’t get to pop using the 12 hour soak then into paper towels between plates method. Finally got down to the last four and said fuck it. Threw them in a solo with 4 to 1 distilled and peroxide. Put them in a dark warm cupboard and looked in 24 hours. Nothing! How about giving up hope. Checked them in 48 hours and they had cracked. Hallelujah! So I threw them between two plates and paper towels and put them on the genie. Then got drunk and forgot to check them before bed. Got up in the morning and the towels barely had a hint of moisture in them. Quarter inch tails. Figured I had screwed them up for sure. Threw some water on them and in a couple of hours into the dirt and they all made it. Went through 100 bucks worth of seeds before finally figuring it out. Some of them are like trying to pop a coconut!

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Lol I love it -

I could never do it that way with a pit-(bull in a china shop) that I have 😂 He's so clumsy, he would wiggle his ass and that cup of water would be all over my electronics 🤪

Due to certain circumstances I cannot post any photos right now but soon I will be posting pics of how I start seeds. Give me a week and I'll be able to share- hopefully..

Ponky

Ponky

Nice. The peroxide method is a cool new one. Sometimes I have to edit the size of photos by cropping them before they can be downloaded.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
Nice. The peroxide method is a cool new one. Sometimes I have to edit the size of photos by cropping them before they can be downloaded.
Yeah it's been around for a while actually I have a friend who grows lavender and that's how she starts her seeds - lavender being notoriously difficult seed to germinate - I think the peroxide helps break down the shell a little faster.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup this is how i do it also then paper towel. 16-18 hrs works for me at a water temp ideally around 74f but not a must.

I use tap water… no need for any peroxide because of the chloramine

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

On the peroxide it will very temporarily raise o2 levels but very temporarily. I also found no difference using distilled or tap and have used both.

Top Bottom