How to stabilise an ibl?

• Thread starter Johnmc1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Johnmc1

Johnmc1

Hi im trying to create a new strain and i woundering if anyone knows how to stabilise an ibl thanks

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Bamboo stakes or trellis netting.

But in all seriousness, backcrossing and selective outbreeding. Its complicated, hopefully someone who understands it more than me can give you a serious answer.

linde

linde

an ibl should already be stabilized. if you're trying to isolate a certain pheno pick the best male to pollinate your girls. reveg your favorite female plant. take seeds off of that plant and grow out. pick the best male and pollinate back with the original female plant mother. Congratulations you've just stabilized your favorite pheno out of an ibl strain

Johnmc1

Johnmc1

Thanks alot guys iv been trying to find more out on youtube and other place but they are usless

johnursery

johnursery

For an ibl I believe you would select parents your first cross (f1) then out of those seeds make another pair of selections (f2) and so on till f7, I think anything f7 and beyond is considered an inbred line that's stable.

If you backcross your selections to an original mother or father for 4 generations than you've cubed your strain and would be considered stable as well. Happy breeding

Johnmc1

Johnmc1

For an ibl I believe you would select parents your first cross (f1) then out of those seeds make another pair of selections (f2) and so on till f7, I think anything f7 and beyond is considered an inbred line that's stable.

If you backcross your selections to an original mother or father for 4 generations than you've cubed your strain and would be considered stable as well. Happy breeding
Thanks for the info already starting to understand the concept now🙏

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Thanks for the info already starting to understand the concept now🙏
did u think someone would simply lay out the green brick road for u to get to OZ LOL ? you could have googled more useful info. don't be a lazy fuck lol.

Top Bottom