How To Start Growing For A Beginner Inside, & Affordable From Scratch?

• Thread starter JakeNBake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JakeNBake

JakeNBake

Basically, I live in an apartment & wanted know how to start growing. From purchasing the equipment, soil, Temps, & overall what has to be done before I buy seeds. Any help to get me started would be great, Thanks!

Nothing crazy just to get started growing, after that I will learn to trim buds etc....

Enforcer

Enforcer

Cheap and just to get started....

Apollo tent. A 3x3x6 is a good hobby grow size.

Exhaust fan

T5 light (can be used for veg light when you upgrade)

Clip fan

FoxFarms Ocean Forest soil (water only for the first month, no nutes)

Plastic pot

TDS meter (a must have)

PH testing kit (liquid, or a meter if you can afford it).

Nutrient line of your choice (FoxFarms, General Hydroponic, and House & Garden are relatively inexpensive. REMO, Advanced, and Canna are a bit more expensive).

Seeds/Clones

That should get you started. However, to keep it going your going to need the know how. That takes a little longer to acquire.

JakeNBake

JakeNBake

Exhaust fan

Clip fan

Plastic pot

TDS meter (a must have)

Nutrient line of your choice (FoxFarms, General Hydroponic, and House & Garden are relatively inexpensive. REMO, Advanced, and Canna are a bit more expensive).

Seeds/Clones

Exhaust fan

Clip fan

Plastic pot

TDS meter (a must have)

Seeds/Clones

That should get you started. However, to keep it going your going to need the know how. That takes a little longer to acquire.

Thanks, Are most of these products available online or can most of these be purchased in a Home Depot or store? Just so I don't over pay for certain things?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

amazon has some cheap but nice setups,tent package,back when i started again ,i went with apoll 400 watt HID lighting,6in exhaust combo and a 2x4x5 tent,im back in that bitch again dammit hahahah,i restore house and not in um long,i have been looking at a 4x4 and upgrade to 600 watt,thatds the thing you got to make your mind up,just a cheap grow,or i love this shit and upgrade,the 600 is cheaper on electricity than a 1k and does about the same in a small tent,in this 2x4x5 400 is perfect,summer is a bitch though,gotta think about heat issues too,as some one already said,you can buy till your broke,but the art is more than that to prevail lmao,plenty of help here when you need it

JakeNBake

JakeNBake

amazon has some cheap but nice setups,tent package,back when i started again ,i went with apoll 400 watt HID lighting,6in exhaust combo and a 2x4x5 tent,im back in that bitch again dammit hahahah,i restore house and not in um long,i have been looking at a 4x4 and upgrade to 600 watt,thatds the thing you got to make your mind up,just a cheap grow,or i love this shit and upgrade,the 600 is cheaper on electricity than a 1k and does about the same in a small tent,in this 2x4x5 400 is perfect,summer is a bitch though,gotta think about heat issues too,as some one already said,you can buy till your broke,but the art is more than that to prevail lmao,plenty of help here when you need it

Thanks very much, Ill start searching the web for some of the stuff you guys mentioned. I really want to start seeing whats the best route to go with my 1st time growing. Ill try to post pics of the space if I can. Again thanks!

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Basically, I live in an apartment & wanted know how to start growing. From purchasing the equipment, soil, Temps, & overall what has to be done before I buy seeds. Any help to get me started would be great, Thanks!

Nothing crazy just to get started growing, after that I will learn to trim buds etc....

I would consider starting out growing organicly. It’s much easier and way less work. You won’t need any expensive equipment either. Just water

JakeNBake

JakeNBake

in my opinion its easier for a new grower to grow in soil and cheaper too since he could get away without a ph meter.i do soil but i do still ph but for someone on a budget soil n no meter is the cheaper and more forgiving method.

I would grow it outside but i don't own land, I want to grow good & clean weed nothing with pesticides or chemicals. I currently smoke medical cannabis & want to try to get the right stuff even tho I know theres trial & error. I appreciate everyone helping me out! Ill take all the advice I can get.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I would grow it outside but i don't own land, I want to grow good & clean weed nothing with pesticides or chemicals. I currently smoke medical cannabis & want to try to get the right stuff even tho I know theres trial & error. I appreciate everyone helping me out! Ill take all the advice I can get.
??? I never mentioned outside.i mean inside in soil.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

u need good genetics to start.in my opinion if your gonna do it atall its best to start with good but cheap genetics.feminized seeds would prolly serve u better than regs that way u know you deffo got female plants and don't have to fuck about with males at first.
if its something u plan on doin for a while then i advise u to try reg beans after a couple o feminized grows.
as far as good soil goes for a newbie its best to just buy a bag of good well amended soil instead o tryin to mix your own .i personally use canna terra or canna pro plus if I'm flush.the pro plus is probably the best ready mixed soil iv had.it has a lovely spongey consistency that keeps the roots nice and airy-roots like oxygen and grow much better in a light airy substrate than they do in a heavy totally soaked substrate.
plus i would advise u get some bio buzz grow and bloom.im just trying to give u the simplest method i can think on.if u need anything else feel free to send me a private message.if i can help u i will.

JakeNBake

JakeNBake

u need good genetics to start.in my opinion if your gonna do it atall its best to start with good but cheap genetics.feminized seeds would prolly serve u better than regs that way u know you deffo got female plants and don't have to fuck about with males at first.
if its something u plan on doin for a while then i advise u to try reg beans after a couple o feminized grows.
as far as good soil goes for a newbie its best to just buy a bag of good well amended soil instead o tryin to mix your own .i personally use canna terra or canna pro plus if I'm flush.the pro plus is probably the best ready mixed soil iv had.it has a lovely spongey consistency that keeps the roots nice and airy-roots like oxygen and grow much better in a light airy substrate than they do in a heavy totally soaked substrate.
plus i would advise u get some bio buzz grow and bloom.im just trying to give u the simplest method i can think on.if u need anything else feel free to send me a private message.if i can help u i will.

Thats good to know, I definitely want to learn a lot more about growing & different styles & ways. I appreciate you taking your time helping me out. I will definitely take the time to research all this.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

I would like to grow outside since its easier I meant, sorry for the confusion,.
ahh gotcha.outdoor cant really be done were i am so im no outdoor expert but i think you could be cutting it abit fine if u live in the northern hemisphere as i was under the impression shit would be startin to flower just now.i could be wrong though.i think it may depend were u are.you should look into that if u haven't already.

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

I would like to grow outside since its easier I meant, sorry for the confusion,.

I think your a little late for the outdoor growing season this year. Maybe start doing some research now and you will be ready for next spring.

MissBotany

MissBotany

Get fabric smart pots. 3 gallon if you go with a smaller tent. Prevents root rot and gets oxygen to the roots. I highly recommend these. You can get a pack of 5 for $10 on Amazon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom