how to start up my lights sequentially?

• Thread starter bass ackwards
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bass ackwards

I am looking to start up my lights sequentially. I have six 600w HPS lights and I want to avoid starting them all at one time. I am not sure where I read of a device to accomplish this but I know such a device exists.
I would appreciate it if some of you guys who know of this device would point me in the right direction. I might even be interested in turning them off sequentially also.

Respect bass

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Solatel

These easy to use timers have a single select knob that clicks to any of 16 time settings. Settings include an accelerated 18 hour day cycle running ON 6 hours / OFF 12 hours. Thirteen normal 24 hour day settings cover ON 8 / OFF 16 to ON 20 / OFF 4 in one hour increments. Continuously ON and OFF settings are also included. The Lamp Pro sequences two outlets on, 20 seconds later the next two, and 20 seconds later the final two. This reduces electrical problems. Turn off has a 5 second delay. The LP-240S (240V 30A) has 240V outlets and an 8 foot power cord with unterminated wires. It can control up to six 1000 watt fixtures.

I have a couple different versions of them and they work great plus the guys at Solatel are super cool, Silicone Valley boys...

Tex

Imgutility
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Do you know where we can order these in spain or uk tex?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
They are with all the big disributors over here, Hydrofarm, NGW, and BWGS, I am not sure who services the UK.

I like this one also..

Tex

Imgutility
B

bass ackwards

TK, Thanks for the quick response. The units you show appear to be 240v, I don't want to go that route unless I absolutely have to. Additionally I don't need the various timing functions. I have timers that I am will work with,(because I don't have to spend money for them). Possibly they have something using delay relays without the timer function that I can use(cheaper).
Having said all that I will check out their website to see if they have something that fits my budget. Thanks again.

Respect bass

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Here is the 110v version, does the same thing...they have a new one out as well with 4 220v and 2 110v on the same control circut.

Tex

These easy to use timers have a single select knob that clicks to any of 16 time settings. Settings include an accelerated 18 hour day cycle running ON 6 hours / OFF 12 hours. Thirteen normal 24 hour day settings cover ON 8 / OFF 16 to ON 20 / OFF 4 in one hour increments. Continuously ON and OFF settings are also included. The Lamp Pro sequences two outlets on, 20 seconds later the next two, and 20 seconds later the final two. This reduces electrical problems. Turn off has a 5 second delay. The LP-120S (120V 15A) uses standard 120V type outlets and power cord plug.

Imgutility
B

bass ackwards

TK, yes I looked at them, if I didn't already have the timers I have I would be interested in them. However I am looking for something cheaper. I turn my lights on using a 24hr. timer which controls three contactors, each of which controls two lights.
I'm thinking of coming out of one contactor with two leads for lights and a third lead going into a delay relay which would power two more lights and another lead into a second delay relay which would power lights five and six.
That would work for power on not power down. But that seems to me to be a Rube Goldberg solution to a simple problem. The device I'm thinking of would probably be very similar to what I just described only more professionally constructed(safer) that what I would be able to make.

Respect bass

Olyver

Olyver

To start your lights sequentially, your best bet is to use a timer that has a PLC installed. One timer controls the PLC and the lights can be programmed to turn off and on sequentially. The delay between each light is variable, from 1/100 sec to 100 minutes.

Olyver

purpleberry

purpleberry

These look nice i couldnt find the one with 220 and 110 plugs, I would like to have the lights and fans on the same breaker, or i would have to have a over heat shut off. Wouldnt want to risk the fans shutting off and the lights still on.

R

Rural_GrowOp

You have a couple of options. If you already have timers than just set the first set to come on at whatever time you want. Then the next set 5 minutes later and so on so that one set of lights comes on every 5 minutes or so. Also they do make relays with built in timers. You could just adjust the timer on the relay so that the lights come on sequentially. Last would be a PLC like Olyver suggested. You could stagger the start time through a PLC for whatever delay you want.

Top Bottom