How to Sterilize A Grow Room Organically

• Thread starter supasticky
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

supasticky

I was wondering if anyone knew ways to clean and sterilizing my grow room without using chemicals such as TSP. Any organic methods or will I have to just air it out and hope I leave no contaminants?

All information is much appreciated.

-Supa

:character0111::afroweed:

W

WilliamsWonder

Usually, I wipe all the walls and everything down with a bit of hot water and some bleach in it. I use very little bleach in the water. I guess you could probably use ammonia too.

J

Jalisco Kid

tsp will not sterilize. Whats your point? you a tree hugger, ,allergic, ?

S

SeenTheLight

I use Blockout, which is an organic based spray that kills all the usual types of bugs and their eggs. Just spray it round the room and then again 3 days later.

P

PrimeSuspect

that blockout seems the way to go anyone else use it?

S

supasticky

Thanks

I use Blockout, which is an organic based spray that kills all the usual types of bugs and their eggs. Just spray it round the room and then again 3 days later.

Alright I think I'll try that. I could just find it at like Lowe's right?

Thanks for the help

:character0110: :smiley_joint:

J

Jalisco Kid

Physan 20 will kill virus fungus and bacteria but still will not sterilize. Then you would need something long term to kill bugs and there eggs. I would spray for bugs let that dry spray again. then use physan20. If I really needed it clean I would install white plastic. Until I got my own room I used to frame a room in a room using pvc and plastic.

S

supasticky

Interesting...

Physan 20 will kill virus fungus and bacteria but still will not sterilize. Then you would need something long term to kill bugs and there eggs. I would spray for bugs let that dry spray again. then use physan20. If I really needed it clean I would install white plastic. Until I got my own room I used to frame a room in a room using pvc and plastic.

So you just put up like a base structure and then lined it with white plastic? Could I use a different material such as mylar? How was the ventilation/ temp.? And the humidity? Did you have very good results doing it this way?

I was actually thinking of just buying a Grow tent, I might just make one instead though.

Thanks for the info. and for giving me something to think about today lol
:rasta2::afroweed::big_boss::passingjoint::character0050::rauch08:

:fighting0040:

S

scuba steve

.On the walls i use,one tablespoon of bleach in 1 gallon of water.I mop the floors with 1 cup bleach in a 5 gallon bucket filled with water.Will sterilize just about anything.And is very inexpensive.Good luck.Steve

J

Jalisco Kid

They sell special pvc fitting you can use for framing and they make these pvc clips to attach the plastic to the pvc. Easy to put up and take down. JK

B

BETA

Get a bucket, Fill it half way with water, 2 caps of bleach (from the bleach container cap) and just wet a wash cloth and gently wash your walls, then let it dry and air out and you will have no worries.

S

supasticky

I guess I'll use bleach then..it seems like no one has a problem. When spraying the walls for bugs, can I just spray Neem oil on the walls or is that beastin??

J

Jalisco Kid

I would use physan rather then bleach but if you do use some dishsoap to make some bubbles. They seem to get places water just doesn't. I would also look at the doses being suggested. I would not have confidence with those and eggs. I would run a raid fumigator in there twice also. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

Bleach

Chlorine bleach is another accepted liquid sterilizing agent. Household bleach consists of 5.25% sodium hypochlorite. It is usually diluted to 1/10 immediately before use; however to kill Mycobacterium tuberculosis it should be diluted only 1/5, and 1/2.5 (1 part bleach and 1.5 parts water) to inactivate prions. The dilution factor must take into account the volume of any liquid waste that it is being used to sterilize.[10] Bleach will kill many organisms immediately, but for full sterilization it should be allowed to react for 20 minutes. Bleach will kill many, but not all spores. It is highly corrosive and may corrode even stainless steel surgical instruments.

Bleach decomposes over time when exposed to air, so fresh solutions should be made daily. [11]

J

Jalisco Kid

Most hydro stores, I have seen it at nurserys also. 1tbs per gal

C

clean 1

we can sterilize that room for you and guarantee less than 2% growth for one year. kills virus bacteria pathogens even reduces vocs.
it will keep it sterile for a year using only ambient lighting.

Top Bottom