How to tell if a plant is ready to harvest?

• Thread starter Buckcannon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Buckcannon

I am currently growing Fire OG.

I noticed a lot of the hairs on the buds are orange....but some are still slightly white

I picked a bud a few days ago and put it in a box to dry(just to test it out) today I smoked it, and it was not fully dried yet(hard to light) but it got me SUPER stoned. Like this can hit top shelf EASILY.

But this makes me concerned...how do I know when its time to harvest. I switched them from veg to grow during the first week of December

F

fuzzy

You need to get you a magnifing glass(loop) or something and check out the trichomes.Then depending on how you like your meds(high or stoned) going by cloudiness and color.The more cloudy or color you get,usually the more of a stone.The clearer,less cloudy,is more of a high and last less time.Hope this helped a little,peace,fuzzy

LBH

LBH

Use the chart below. Best way to check 'em is with a lighted microscope ($12-radio shack or you can get a usb one -preferred- for $30)

Trichome chart1

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

^^^^^^^^ Red hairs mean nothing in out world. very old school folklore, as they said ^^^

P

paulycali

For those who don't know when to harvest, when you think it's done wait a week

I chop when 90% of the trichomes are milky and 10% are amber. I like my meds to be nice and stoney :)

Top Bottom