How To Tell When To Harvest

• Thread starter greenthumb89
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Hello,
I have a question in regards to knowing when to harvest seeds, I have a plant that I think has been going for close to 5 weeks possibly 6 since pollination , it's been in flower now for probably 2 months. The seeds themselves are sticking out of the calyx almost as if it was a split image of what's happening inside as in half the seed is exposed if not a little more and the other half is covered by the calyx. a few of them are a tan colour with very faint striation marks on them but the majority are a faded green almost tan but still slightly green. Some of the seeds I picked off are darker but for the most part they're all the lighter green tan. I've heard that the best have striations and are darker is it just best to compare the seeds that I originally germinated the mom from they look close but still noticeably off but just seems to be going on for awhile. Is their a window period for seeds before it's too late for them to mature?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Seeds

Seeds1
cocoJoe

cocoJoe

They are close.. I let the ones showing get dark,, the mature look.. The time is 4 to 6 weeks
Some will not mature.. It is the way it works.. Peace

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Thank-you for the quick reply and you're opinion. That's what i figured just was getting inpatient and wanted a second or five opinions on how far along it was going.

M

MI Jesse

After harvesting how long should i leave the plant alone should i leave it full just trimmed. I pollinated three whole plants one 9lbs hammer, chronic, and orange bud. With a male The Black. I know when to harvest and average time during growing to produce seeds but this is the first time i am really producing seeds and i want as many as possible to be viable. This is the hardest thing to find i think i found one thing that said to land leave them be but i run a perpetual garden and also need the not so sensimilia buds to use. Boo who i have to pick seeds out been some years for that lol other than the occasional one or two.

Top Bottom