How To Train Plants To Grow Skinny

• Thread starter HighResin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighResin

Hey all farmers,thanks for letting me farm with y'all,I'm in a pickle. I have 12 plants getting reading to go into a 4x4 area so it's gonna be very cramped just wondering if there's ways of training plants to grow tall and skinny I have 7-1/2ft ceilings and normally veg 2 months while doing 9 plants in perpetual grows but I have to many this time,I kept 12 clones this time just couldn't bring myself to toss them so now I'm in a pickle so any and all help would be so awesome

Grower13

Grower13

not veging them as long and/or working them to have fewer tops per plant......... also staking them well will help keep in their on space.......... but more is not always better.......... although I saw 23 grams come from a 12 oz can grow once.

Last edited:
H

HighResin

Grower13thanks for reply I normally just top and some lst then just let them get fat and fluffy so. Putting stakes around them and rope will keep them tight to go straight up

S

ShatterChen

HighResin I found this article very useful for your problem. hope it could help http://www.ilovegrowinginvalid.com/grow-huge-buds/

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hey all farmers,thanks for letting me farm with y'all,I'm in a pickle. I have 12 plants getting reading to go into a 4x4 area so it's gonna be very cramped just wondering if there's ways of training plants to grow tall and skinny I have 7-1/2ft ceilings and normally veg 2 months while doing 9 plants in perpetual grows but I have to many this time,I kept 12 clones this time just couldn't bring myself to toss them so now I'm in a pickle so any and all help would be so awesome
Dont top plants .... look up lollipop grows... i have done 49 plants in a 4x4 tent b4

H

HighResin

@GT21 I've already topped 10 of the twelve the problem is they have already begged for 50 days and have another 10 to 15 before I flip them since my flower area has 9 in it almost done so they are getting big did you use stakes around yours to make them tighter?

H

HighResin

Start cutting off arms or pruning them back.
They will get the hint when they are one solid node :cry:
Will cutting the branches back some ? help cause I was thinking this that it would stop them getting real wide

H

HighResin

I have about 14 days before flip so I could trim back now if I knew fore sure it would make them stay within a 5 gallon bucket with or a little wider so any trimming advice will help,doesn't lolipopping just remove lower growth but doesn't really make them grow up instead of wide

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
@GT21 I've already topped 10 of the twelve the problem is they have already begged for 50 days and have another 10 to 15 before I flip them since my flower area has 9 in it almost done so they are getting big did you use stakes around yours to make them tighter?
I put a stake in each pot them make a wire collar for each one...theres 36 in this old tent

Screenshot 2017 02 01 20 19 24 1
Top Bottom