How to trim top shelf style

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I have only trimmed 3 plants so far, and I wet trimmed them, as recommended for a new grower. What is the advantage of the dry trim?
It's actually slightly quicker to trim it dry, and it has better flavor and especially aroma compared to wet trimmed. I remove all the large fan leaves and hang whole branches for around 2 weeks before putting them in rubbermaid totes for another week or so. At that point I remove the buds and dry trim them. I used to wet trim as thats just how it was done around here for ages. But I've since become a hardcore convert to the dry trim..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It's actually slightly quicker to trim it dry, and it has better flavor and especially aroma compared to wet trimmed. I remove all the large fan leaves and hang whole branches for around 2 weeks before putting them in rubbermaid totes for another week or so. At that point I remove the buds and dry trim them. I used to wet trim as thats just how it was done around here for ages. But I've since become a hardcore convert to the dry trim..

I will say its faster to wet trim some leafier strains. But i just cant smear wet buds with scissors after trying dry trim.

Wet trim is for cash crop crews and trim machines.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I will say its faster to wet trim some leafier strains. But i just cant smear wet buds with scissors after trying dry trim.

Wet trim is for cash crop crews and trim machines.
I could see that. But leafy strains are in the minority around here.. lol

My LP buddys did tests on it and found dry trimming to be about 10% faster In terms of overall man hours put into harvest from chop to packaging. And they also found a marked increase in the terpenes from dry trimmed bud hang dried on the branch vs wet trimmed and dried on screens. Last I checked they werent sure of the exact science of why, but the test data and payroll doesnt lie.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I could see that. But leafy strains are in the minority around here.. lol

My LP buddys did tests on it and found dry trimming to be about 10% faster In terms of overall man hours put into harvest from chop to packaging. And they also found a marked increase in the terpenes from dry trimmed bud hang dried on the branch vs wet trimmed and dried on screens. Last I checked they werent sure of the exact science of why, but the test data and payroll doesnt lie.

Thats pretty cool. I agree with most plants.

Top Bottom