how to use molasses

• Thread starter vic vega
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimloxK

i'm using the roots organics master program with their "trinity" catalyst...I don't use more than 5ml per watering along with hygrozyme and every other week I do 3-5 ml of GO CaMg which contains molasses as well.

Late in harvest I stop use of CaMg.

soserthc1

soserthc1

been using blackstrap mol ever since my first post in this thread in almost every feeding with great results... tex - you always have tons of good info.... would be nice to spend a day on the hill soaking up your knowledge .. long but great info bro.......peace soser.....

brucepearlawin

brucepearlawin

Mollassas is great. But remember. It offers very little available food for plants. It's more of a food for micro organisms. Which in turn then feeds the plant.

M

mh76phi

I'm not familiar with endo and ecto bacteria, I am with fungi. The fungi won't appreciate the molasses, but bacteria will. I do use molasses throughout the grow @ 1tsp/gal, give or take. I go lower during flush, 1tsp (5mls)/5gals, translates to 1ml/gal.
don't think u should be using molasses that close to harvest but not positive.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ok. Why not? :) Damn you chose an old post! LMAO!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
ok, so im growing some grape ape clones in #2 pots with ocean forest soil... i added the recomended amount of aurora Oregonism XL about two weeks ago to boost the roots ability to absorbe nutes. i understand that the endo and ecto bacteria love molasses... does anybody else use molasses? how much and how often... is there anything better to use?

Ectos (mycorrhizae fungi) are totally useless when it comes to cannabis. You want endos only.

M

mh76phi

Ok. Why not? :) Damn you chose an old post! LMAO!
my bad. new to this kind of thing. I will only reply to newer posts from now on... I have read that in a soil-mix magnesium will cause smoke to become harsh if used in large? quantities towards the end of flowering. As usual I would have to try it out myself to have an idea how much is too much.

Max Frost

Max Frost

Magnesium and molasses are two different things, so you've lost me there. No worries on the post, it just made me chuckle.

I thought my biscuits had been tasting funny! :confused: That explains it! Haha! I use unsulphered blackstrap. I begin adding it about 1 or 2 feeds before flipping at 1 TBSP/Gal. Once in flowering, I usually run it at the same rate, but I've been known to bump it up to 2TBSP in a guano tea with no ill-effects. IMO, it offers a host of benefits!

Best,

Max :wacky:

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

Exactly UNSULPHERED. And really measurements don't have to be exact. Just around that area. It's great to use just use it randomly. No need to steady feed. It will work. But to much and you will taste it. You want to taste the natural flavor in the herb not just molasses.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Magnesium and molasses are two different things, so you've lost me there. No worries on the post, it just made me chuckle.
Mollasses is very high in Magnesium....check out the label. MGG

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Not sure which brand you're using but the blackstrap unsulfured I use has 15% Magnesium. MGG

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Ive found a big difference in consistencies from different sources of molasses. All say blackstrap unsulfured but some are very thin and runny while the one I've been susing forever is very thick. Have no idea why this is other than some manufacturers maybe dilute in some way. Im using Plantation Blackstrap unsulfured, very thick, 15% mag, 20% ca, 20% iron. MGG

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ive found a big difference in consistencies from different sources of molasses. All say blackstrap unsulfured but some are very thin and runny while the one I've been susing forever is very thick. Have no idea why this is other than some manufacturers maybe dilute in some way. Im using Plantation Blackstrap unsulfured, very thick, 15% mag, 20% ca, 20% iron. MGG
Sounds nummy! I love molasses. :D

Topofthecrop

Topofthecrop

I use Brer Rabbit unsulphured black strap. It's thick as hell. When you get to the bottom is like waiting on a glass hienz ketchup bottle. So 1tsp of this I would believe that it would go further than a more liquified brand. But not like molasses feedings need to be exact like other additives. And I have no idea actually how much Mag is in it but you def have me going and looking after work.

Top Bottom