How to use uvb for powdery mildew

• Thread starter Jayde962
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jayde962

Jayde962

I have a minor case of PM and i was suggested by my hydroponics store to use uvb to kill the PM does anyone know how long i should be using the UVB for? I just started week 5 of flower so no spray for me
How to use uvb for powdery mildew
How to use uvb for powdery mildew 2
How to use uvb for powdery mildew 3

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

Solacure makes a UVA/B bulb that goes down to 280nm. Its the line between UVB and UVC.. Its called the flower Power.
Bugs also dont like 280nm of UVB.
The sun only has 5% UVB. This bulb has 10%, and is extremely powerful from 280nm-300. I does also supply UVA at the same percentage of the sun. They just gear it to have more powerful UVB so it activates the UVR8 Receptor more efficiently. The UVR8 receptor is most strongly stimulated around 285nm.

It is the most powerful UVA/B bulb made in the 280nm-300nm range. No other bulb I know of goes down to 280nm.

Sorry for the late reply, I just saw the thread.

sambapati

sambapati

I have a minor case of PM and i was suggested by my hydroponics store to use uvb to kill the PM does anyone know how long i should be using the UVB for? I just started week 5 of flower so no spray for me View attachment 1221683View attachment 1221684View attachment 1221686
I used a 40 watt UV G13 T12 48" bulb for my indoor grow during the final 3 weeks of the grow. No PM or mold problems at all. After reading many posts here it seemed 4 hours daily was the right answer to your 'how long' question. Whoever said an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure must have been a weed farmer. Good luck my friend, hope this answer is helpful.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

The Omnilux G13 T12 is a blacklight, and wont do anything to prevent PMD, or increase trichome production.
A true UVB light will fry your eyeballs out of the sockets. You shouldnt be around these lights when they are on. They can cause skin cancer, cataracts, and blindness.

Even strong low bandwidth UVA 315nm.... wont kill powdery mildew. It takes low bandwidth UVB. 280nm-290nm t kill PMD.

What wavelengths of UV light are used in Blacklight?
Ultraviolet light encompasses a wide range of wavelengths, but most blacklight applications utilize a narrow range of ultraviolet radiation (UV-A) to produce fluorescence effects - specifically between 350 and 400 nm (nanometers). But even within the 350-400 nm range, different wavelengths can create stronger or weaker fluorescence effects.

The UV region covers the wavelength range 100-400 nm and is divided into three bands:

• UVA (315-400 nm)
  • UVB (280-315 nm)
  • UVC (100-280 nm).

Omnilux is made for decoration and has a light bandwidth of 350nm-400nm.

OMNILUX

An indispensable means of decoration​

OMNILUX UV Tube 40W G13 1200x38mm T12​

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
Will the bulb have an application other then for pm kill? Could it be used to increase the trichs on apical flowers?
Zrichs are the plants way of protecting itself from that very damage if memory serves.

Jmaes Mabley

Jmaes Mabley

The Solacure Flower Power 32w bulb is made to increase trichomes. The killing of PMD is a secondary function.

2 of the 32w bulbs are to be used in a 4 x 4 area and optimally with a 1000w HID, or equivalent. The Flower Power bulb will fry the plants if its left on to long, anf t close. If youve never used this bulb, you cant compare it to any other T8 bulb. This bulb is 50x stronger than the best 54w Reptile bulb made, which is the Arcadia Desert Dragon bulb.

The guy at Solacure is very helpful. You can email him for any technical questions, and he will answer pretty fast.

No other bulb made for plants goes down to 280nm. and no other bulb is as powerful from 280nm-300nm regardless of bulb type.

Last edited:
Top Bottom