How To Use Uvc Light To Treat Powdery Mildew- Please Help!

• Thread starter Greengrower8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Greengrower8

Yea a read a whole thread with ppl hating on these products, saying it was just citric acid, etc, that it was a rip off, blah, blah. I realize PM must be killed systemically, which is why there are tons of treatments but no cure. Something that kills PM systemically and is harmless to the plants is quite a claim to make. That doesn’t mean it’s not true. It just sounds like the miracle cure. I would wanna be as sure as possible about this stuff before I blow a C note on it. If it was $20, sure what the hell I’ll try it, but I’m not dropping a $100 on a whim.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
100 bucks isn't shit for how much money and time we put into these plants, think about it. 100 bucks to keep months of hard work pm free PRICELESS!! That hippie stuff doesn't work been there down that. Happy Growing
Thats the same stuff they use.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

For sure bro I completely understand. I also understand you don't know me at all but I'm just here to help people not make the same costly mistakes I made. Let the haters hate someone has to do it, I'm just sharing what works for me. Happy Growing

G

Greengrower8

You are absolutely right, $100 in the grand scheme of things, is nothing. That doesn’t mean I wanna flush $100 down the toilet either. Trust me - I want it to work. But it does sound too good to be true.

G

Greengrower8

Unless you are some sort of sales agent for these products or something you have no reason to lie about their performance. I’m not trying to doubt ya, just trying to do my due diligence.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
For sure bro I completely understand. I also understand you don't know me at all but I'm just here to help people not make the same costly mistakes I made. Let the haters hate someone has to do it, I'm just sharing what works for me. Happy Growing
Ah by the way, don’t get me wrong, i am not saying it doesn’t work or anything. I am just saying it would be way cheaper to produce it at home. That’s all. I am sure you are trying to help and i do believe some things just sound to good to be true and they work.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Absolutely man and that will make you a good grower. No I don't work for either company but they should be paying me for how much I promote them lol. Sulfur is another great one cheap pretty effective but not what you want for flowering of course. just do your research and I'm sure you'll find something you feel comfortable with

Last edited:
hyzerflip

hyzerflip

Temps are always between 73 and 79.

Are you 100% positive that your night time temps do not dip below 70F? Do you have a thermometer that gives you a graph of readings over time? It is my understanding that it isn't possible for PM to propagate at temps above 70F. I had a serious case of PM and solved it permanently by raising my night time temps.

I will look into this oil. Is it safe for flowers? Most of the stuff to treat it cannot be sprayed on flowers. Thanks!

I don't know about other hort oils but JMS has a 0 day pre-harvest interval, and I have sprayed it a week before harvest with no effect on taste or quality, doesn't burn pistils either. I typically stop spraying as soon as pistils form unless I'm fighting something, though.

imo if you're going to use hort oil a fogger is KEY - You won't be able to get good coverage otherwise.

G

Greengrower8

Yes my temp gauge has a high and low for the day and it never gets below 72 or so. If simply increasing the temp above 70 eliminated PM, no one would consider PM a problem and there wouldn’t be 20 different things to use to treat it. I have never read about dropping the temp doing anything to PM. Great swings in daily temps and humidity levels, which I don’t have, can cause PM. Raising the temp to 100 can kill PM. The lower the temp is kept, the less chance of an outbreak, but once it is there, simply increasing the temp above 70 to kill it is a pipe dream. Trust me I wish it wasn’t.
I would LOVE to just heat shock it to kill it, but I don’t think I could get the temps nearly high enough to do it. Plus it may fry my roots because of the increase in water temp in my dwc’s. In reading it takes a temp way higher than 70 to achieve any results.

After talking with ppl and doing much research, I can keep treating it with the crap I have been, so I can keep it at bay. Or I can try 1 of 2 things that are safe and claim to actually kill it systemically - Regalia or Procidic2, both of which are $100 a quart. I may have to just bite the bullet and order some of this liquid gold. Just hope it isn’t liquid pyrite.

Last edited:
CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Heat won't do a thing been there done that. Keep your overnight temps around 72-75 and no crazy humidity swings. Once it's in your room your Fans actually become your enemy as it helps spread throughout the room.

G

Greengrower8

This thread has become very informative - thanks all!

So....no one has ever had experience with one of these 3w handheld UVC lights to battle PM or other bacteria??

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Not personally but I have a friend in Washington and they use uvc in their commercial set up, I'll see if I can get some info from him for you.

G

Greengrower8

Great info!! Thanks! However, at almost $300, it’s cheaper for me to get some Regalia or Procidic2 and treat it systemically. I was looking at some 3w UVC handhelds that were less than $50, although I question the effectiveness of them.

I haven’t heard of purecrop1. I will look into it as far as killing/curing PM. Thanks!!

Last edited:
G

Greengrower8

After doing some searching, it seems like this purecrop1 is another organic treatment for many pests and fungi, as well as PM. It doesn’t make any claims in terms of curing it once you have it. Regalia and Procidic2 DO make these claims (to systemically cure PM) and I am doing my damnedess to determine the validity of these claims before I spend $100 for a quart.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

If you want good info most colleges post very detailed papers about pm and many other things

G

Greengrower8

I’m so fricking tired of reading about and researching this stupid frickin PM. There is so much contradiction, 8 million opinions and even contradiction in the science. It seems I can’t trust anything that’s written about anything online because there is always something out there contradicting it. Doing this research is only making figuring out what do to more difficult.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

It's like that with everything in life really. Someone is a die hard Ford fan the next person is a Chevy ya know. Don't get discouraged dude.

Top Bottom