How to vent window AC unit(s)

• Thread starter utopian
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
U

utopian

I have a room that is 15x15 with 6K watts over 12 plants. I'm running the UC12XL13 under current system with a 1/4 HP chiller that keeps the water temp at 68. The lights are air cooled with two 8" vortex fans pulling air from the room through the carbon filter, through the lights, then to outside.

This is in a basement and right now I'm trying to use the house A/C unit to cool the room, but the temp is still around 78 in the room and 81/82 under the lights. Just started first week of veg. The room does pull cooler air from the rest of the basement, but that combined with the house A/C isn't quite doing it. This is in a Michigan basement, so as soon as we get closer to cooler weather (very soon), I was planning on pulling cold 50 degree outside air into the room to cool it, but until then, I need to do something else.

I'm thinking I need some more A/C, plus I don't really want to run the house A/C unit because the house is uncomfortable. I have two WINDOW A/C units (10,000 btu and 12,000 btu), but because this is in a basement, I don't have a window to set them into. There are the window wells, but it won't fit into that.

Question is.... Does anyone have any ideas on how to utilize these two A/C units, or how to duct the hot air from them outside? It would almost need to be some kind of enclosure for the back of the unit that reduces down to a standard size vent that would exhaust outside, but I'm not sure of the best way to do this.

I'm trying to avoid spending $1000 on A/C at the moment.

If there isn't a good way to utilize these two window A/C units, can you recommend a good stand-alone A/C unit around $500 - $1000 that would give me the most bang for the buck?

Any advice, experience, opinions would be appreciated.

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

Arre there suppose to be pics showing illustration? The pics didnt show up..:(

Thanks for the info

H

happydude

I am also tring to do the same thing caint see your pics though

U

utopian

Thanks for the awesome feedback. That is definitely very helpful. Not running c02 at the moment, but maybe I will.

Your pics don't seem to show up in your post?

Top Bottom