HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok learned something today...those vpd chart requires the difference temp between the leaves and the air, the one i was following assumes that to be 1 C. Was using it wrong, thank you for letting me know
Yeah under LED it will likely be a difference of around 5f but can be even more.

StealthLED

StealthLED

I'm just about to share a post in that vpd thread with what I found in my room experimenting with temps, humidity and atmosphere co2....

3 balls

3 balls

OH THE CONTROVERSY!!
It's not black and white fellars. As usual two camps formed on this, I call it soil minded and hydro minded. It's not a matter of right or wrong. Nobody could argue Enforcer style is tits and as efficient as you can hope for but if your in a situation that prohibits running hundreds of miles of automated irrigation to feed 27 times a day it doesn't preclude you from the benefits of coco. Feeding once a day or even every other day in properly sized pots is still advantageous over soil. Just my opinion.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

OH THE CONTROVERSY!!
It's not black and white fellars. As usual two camps formed on this, I call it soil minded and hydro minded. It's not a matter of right or wrong. Nobody could argue Enforcer style is tits and as efficient as you can hope for but if your in a situation that prohibits running hundreds of miles of automated irrigation to feed 27 times a day it doesn't preclude you from the benefits of coco. Feeding once a day or even every other day in properly sized pots is still advantageous over soil. Just my opinion.
100% which is why I put it in the name of the thread... absolutely not the only way to do it

amekins

amekins

100% which is why I put it in the name of the thread... absolutely not the only way to do it
Example. Same numbers for my tent currently. One includes leaf temp and one does not.
4A48909E AC87 4D9A A286 8E825D5C51BD

Pondracer

Pondracer

I’m running recycled coco for this run. Potted up into 7-10gal containers. 2” of hydroton on the bottom 2” on the top. Roots grow to the top of the coco that way.
watering/feeding once per day.
Love that coco.🔥

Mr.G

Mine have roots to the top always, but it may be because I stretch the veg out to ridiculous time periods.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Still need to shoot leaf temps, but here is what the environment controller is telling me for this month. This is the second run for me and this time I have a dehumidifier and humidifier tied together into the controller. Still quite stunned as to how much the concrete foundation conducts the cold in winter. No controller on the irrigation yet and I am not sure whether I will buy one or just hang a thermometer in the tanks (60 gallon). I would need two controllers, one for veg and one for flower and I am not sure the cost/benefit is worth it. Flattening the swings in VPD will be next assuming that I can. I have only had the 4 in flower for about 5 days now.

Temp
Humidity
VPD

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Ive grown in coco for about a couple of years straight, I have had good results & i honestly love it, however in my next grow dairy i will be moving away from coco and into living soil, I will however still have 3 pots in coco, reason for that is only because my time will be limited for this grow, having to water a couple of plants everyday can become time consuming.

I found the best results is when you watering once/twice a day. Multiple times a day is also very good but fungus gnats will surely appear. I would water once a day and multiple times when i had the time. Watering every other day is also good for roots, as long as the coco isnt too dry. So i do a balance of heavy and light watering in coco

Ph is usually 5.8 - 6.2 and will push it to 6.3 late flower

PPM: 200 - Seedling
600 - Early Veg
650 - Mid Veg - Late Flower

LuckyLuck

LuckyLuck

My PPM is now 1020 and water is 280 on 7scale. Canna site recommends arround 2 EC in mid flower. Should i push more as I think with 5 feeds day is not necessary?

Madmax

Madmax

Ive grown in coco for about a couple of years straight, I have had good results & i honestly love it, however in my next grow dairy i will be moving away from coco and into living soil, I will however still have 3 pots in coco, reason for that is only because my time will be limited for this grow, having to water a couple of plants everyday can become time consuming.

I found the best results is when you watering once/twice a day. Multiple times a day is also very good but fungus gnats will surely appear. I would water once a day and multiple times when i had the time. Watering every other day is also good for roots, as long as the coco isnt too dry. So i do a balance of heavy and light watering in coco

Ph is usually 5.8 - 6.2 and will push it to 6.3 late flower

PPM: 200 - Seedling
600 - Early Veg
650 - Mid Veg - Late Flower

Pretty much how i have fed and wont b going over 650ppm nxt grow using canna classic...in 5 gal i can water every 2nd day no worries.its all about your climate and enviroment conditions and pot size ..

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

My PPM is now 1020 and water is 280 on 7scale. Canna site recommends arround 2 EC in mid flower. Should i push more as I think with 5 feeds day is not necessary?

I dont think it matters if you go higher on your ppm/Ec even if you feeding multiple times a day as long as you within the accepted PPM/EC range for your plants growth stage, and as long as you getting 10-20% run-off than the plant will get what it needs and the rest of the salts will be flushed/reduced away with next feeding. 1020 ppm is more than what i would feed tho, you can go higher in mid - late flower around 1200 maybe even more with some strains but ive found the best results to come from a lower ppm around 600. Remember if you aiming for yields than light and co2 is what you need to increase

Last edited:
Greenthumbskunk

Greenthumbskunk

I think the higher PPM levels are for those who have it dialed in like insane par levels and high CO2.
I've noticed when running co2 and not running it the plants look like they need more food.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I think the higher PPM levels are for those who have it dialed in like insane par levels and high CO2.
I've noticed when running co2 and not running it the plants look like they need more food.
They do because when you suppliment co2 the plant is photosynthesizing more efficiently which lowers transpiration rates. That's part of the reason we run higher temls and a lower humidity to help offset this and make the co2 more effective. Also feed a higher ppm.

3 balls

3 balls

They do because when you suppliment co2 the plant is photosynthesizing more efficiently which lowers transpiration rates. That's part of the reason we run higher temls and a lower humidity to help offset this and make the co2 more effective. Also feed a higher ppm.

I would love to hear more about this. I've often wondered if there should be VPD charts that reflect CO2 enrichment.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I would love to hear more about this. I've often wondered if there should be VPD charts that reflect CO2 enrichment.
There absolutely should be... the problem is that we still don't know the maximum ppm of co2 or ppfd at which benefits are the highest in order to really do this. I have a lot of trouble finding studies that go beyond 1500ppfd or over 800ppm co2. Personally I max my co2 out about 1200ppm and haven't seen any benefit beyond that. Bit thats not to say there isn't. Just I cant see it visually it if there is.

I would say with its between 5-10% lower RH depending on light and co2. Its also a balancing act if nutrient uptake and temp. So many moving parts, even the genetics. I grow hybrids and depending on whether they lean more indica or sativa also makes a difference. This is why VPD is a guide and not a hard rule and I would say understanding the concept and the moving parts involved is much more beneficial than just going by the numbers. I can say my experience is the more light you provide the more crucial the VPD becomes.

Its really good as a tool but not an absolute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom