HOW TO WATER COCO FOR BEST RESULTS.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll have to dig up more articles if you like but just plucked this in 2 sec.

Fudge

Fudge

No there are definitely folks in this thread talking about 1200 ppm feeds. It baffles me but I’m also not attempting to push plants that hard.
Yeah I get up to 1200ppm sometimes, gorilla is on that now, 900 base nutes plus a boost and some fulvic, but I'd never give seeds that much, or an unknown cline, its only once I see how they feed, and only in certain conditions, like I pump my lights up to 660w fir the 2 weeks I feed that high, but I also supplement co2 for those weeks and slowly lower the light until its at the sweet spot, then I taper the nutes down until flush but again its only gorilla and bignug that I've got that high with, the glookies is a lighter feeder, never pushed her past 900, but once the sog is in full flower, I'll push them a bit more this time see how they fare in optimum conditions and a bit of tough love.

Also its worth pointing out that in the US you guys use the ppm/500 or the 650 scale, and in UK its the 700. In Australia it could be any of the 3 scales, so say 1200 ppm on the 500 is an EC of 2.4, but on the 700 scale, 1680ppm is 2.4 EC. Now please don't think I totally have my head round this, bcos I really don't. I'm just wondering if the different ppm's people throw about, what scale are they running on. Because my 1200 on 700 scale, suddenly becomes 900 ish on the 500 scale.

3 balls

3 balls

I'll have to dig up more articles if you like but just plucked this in 2 sec.

I got through half of that article before my brain started making popping noises. I know that diligent adjustments for VPD in my CO2 operation produced no noticeable results and all my friends that just stuck with the "keep it under 50% to avoid PM" philosophy are doing just fine. Unless one of the other science types on here comes up with a compelling argument, I'm going to at least split the difference. I appreciate your time and input.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I got through half of that article before my brain started making popping noises. I know that diligent adjustments for VPD in my CO2 operation produced no noticeable results and all my friends that just stuck with the "keep it under 50% to avoid PM" philosophy are doing just fine. Unless one of the other science types on here comes up with a compelling argument, I'm going to at least split the difference. I appreciate your time and input.
No problem.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Under 50% at 80° and above water is flying through the plant and you will get get burn and lockout sooooo fast sometimes depending on the cultivar and what you're feeding it.

80° at 60% rh and higher, water is moving more slowly. My understanding is the plant has more time to metabolize the salts? 🤷‍♂️

At a certain point when the humidity gets too low and the temperature too high, the stomata actually close down because the plant is "afraid" it's going to transpire itself to death/wilt by exhausting it's water supply or it's avoiding high salt levels???
On the other end of the spectrum, if temperatures drop and rh goes up, the plants literally cannot physically push any more moisture into the saturated atmosphere and everything stops again. Idk. It works and makes a lot of sense.

That's why VPD is something to at least consider. It describes how much water is moving through the plant. Depending on other conditions, thats a lot valuable info.

🌱👍

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Under 50% at 80° and above water is flying through the plant and you will get get burn and lockout sooooo fast sometimes depending on the cultivar and what you're feeding it.

80° at 60% rh and higher, water is moving more slowly. My understanding is the plant has more time to metabolize the salts? 🤷‍♂️

At a certain point when the humidity gets too low and the temperature too high, the stomata actually close down because the plant is "afraid" it's going to transpire itself to death/wilt by exhausting it's water supply or it's avoiding high salt levels???
On the other end of the spectrum, if temperatures drop and rh goes up, the plants literally cannot physically push any more moisture into the saturated atmosphere and everything stops again. Idk. It works and makes a lot of sense.

That's why VPD is something to at least consider. It describes how much water is moving through the plant. Depending on other conditions, thats a lot valuable info.

🌱👍
Yes bit that all changes when co2 increased.

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

Loving the growth I get as well from multiple feeds per day, 15 years ago before I went hydro I started in coco in 15lt pots and fed once a day or every other day, when I switched to rdwc I loved the fast growing and extra yeild I got from hydro but then there was the downfalls of root problems sometimes. Since I've set this DTW system up the veg growth was very close to my rdwc growth and not having to check the rez ph and ec everyday as turned me into a lazy grower, not complaining tho now I'm a old man it's made my life easier haha
can you show and explain ur system please. thx.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Yes bit that all changes when co2 increased.
Yes increasing co2 will defiantly change everything, ive used co2 tanks, ive used those "box" co2 things (forget the name) even the co2 tabs. Its oblivious the tanks work best but they pricey, its one of the reasons i only use them when im aiming for yields. How about some home remedies i hear some growers saying they get decent yields, i just dont see it reaching 1200 ppm that way tho. What is your take on it?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yes increasing co2 will defiantly change everything, ive used co2 tanks, ive used those "box" co2 things (forget the name) even the co2 tabs. Its oblivious the tanks work best but they pricey, its one of the reasons i only use them when im aiming for yields. How about some home remedies i hear some growers saying they get decent yields, i just dont see it reaching 1200 ppm that way tho. What is your take on it?
Any increase in co2 will benefit. But how much will be based on mostly how much light is provided, although many things affect it.

Marzcanna

Marzcanna

Any increase in co2 will benefit. But how much will be based on mostly how much light is provided, although many things affect it.
Im guessing tent isolation is also important. I dont see it benefiting if the grower has exhaust fans or leaks in his tent. Would be good to see a side by side comparation of the different co2 methods

Tesla666

Tesla666

I would like to discuss about that. In my short experience whith coco i think that keep the coco saturated at the 90% it's not good at all during veg.

When u start the veg with a cutting, the root system grow faster if we let the coco get dry until 30% of humidity. That dry cycle since the moment you water the coco until 70-80% humidity and gets dry to 25-30% stimulates the root system to grow looking for water when the coco is getting dry.

If we produce many dry cycles a day like 2 or 3, being necesary water 2-3 times a day, we Will be getting a very fast and explosive grow, and a very strong root system.

I only get some run off 1 time a week ir two weeks, and i use enzimes 1 time a week and i'm very happy with my results.

Thats My way of work with coco.

Well around 2 months from this message.

Came here with results. I've tried the Aquaman technique, keep the coco coir saturated and get 1 run off every day. I tried this with 50 cuttings from the same mother as My last grow and same setup.
I've to say that at least in My grow technique (SOG 50 cuttings un 4x8) keep the coco coir 100% saturated is not good, the yield is less and the plants don't eat the same as they i use to do with my technique(My technique is multifirterrigate with 2 to 5 dry cicles a day and don't saturate the RH of the coco no more than 75%).

I have to Say that the Aquaman technique is very good if u do a multistrain grow or fenos that they no eat the same nutes because is hard to get problems with nute lock.

But if u are looking for high yields definetly u should try my technique and use enzimes instead run off. The yields are 15-20% better.

Cannabis grow better with the coco oxygenated not fully saturated.

Regards

Two photos and two techniques, the biggest colas is with many dry cicles a day more than gpw

IMG 20210130 181313
IMG 20201112 205331
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Came here with results. I've tried the Aquaman technique, keep the coco coir saturated and get 1 run off every day. I tried this with 50 cuttings from the same mother as My last grow and same setup.
I've to say that at least in My grow technique (SOG 50 cuttings un 4x8) keep the coco coir 100% saturated is not good, the yield is less and the plants don't eat the same as they i use to do with my technique(My technique is multifirterrigate with 2 to 5 dry cicles a day and don't saturate the RH of the coco no more than 75%).

I have to Say that the Aquaman technique is very good if u do a multistrain grow or fenos that they no eat the same nutes because is hard to get problems with nute lock.

But if u are looking for high yields definetly u should try my technique and use enzimes instead run off. The yields are 15-20% better.

Regards

Two photos and two techniques, the biggest colas is with many dry cicles a day more than gpw
Why would you not use enzymes? They should be used in both.

What pot size and mix were you using?

15-20% is not a small amount. How many plants in each room and what was the weight of each?

Coco should be oxygenated saturated or not.

How many times a day were you watering each? And with how much water?

2-5 dry times a day... can you explain this a bit better?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Something a little fishy here. You first post on the site was dec. 12. And you have done a full grow to harvest comparing methods? So started definitely after that and even if you did it immediately there is not enough time to even do a grow.

Your first post on the site. In this you claim to water it like soil and it works better... somethings not adding up here with timeliness and lack of info. Of i tested and was claiming 20% more i would sure as shit be posting numbers to support it.

based on the timeliness, claims and pictures containing different numbers of plants because the zoom is different i dont really have a choice but to say bullshit.
I would like to discuss about that. In my short experience whith coco i think that keep the coco saturated at the 90% it's not good at all during veg.

When u start the veg with a cutting, the root system grow faster if we let the coco get dry until 30% of humidity. That dry cycle since the moment you water the coco until 70-80% humidity and gets dry to 25-30% stimulates the root system to grow looking for water when the coco is getting dry.

If we produce many dry cycles a day like 2 or 3, being necesary water 2-3 times a day, we Will be getting a very fast and explosive grow, and a very strong root system.

I only get some run off 1 time a week ir two weeks, and i use enzimes 1 time a week and i'm very happy with my results.

Thats My way of work with coco.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Regards

Take a step back and take a picture of all the plants together.... they don't even look like the photos are taken at the same time. Honestly looks like you took a pic of the middle of the grow under the most light and then one in the back corner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom