How To Win The Emerald Cup

• Thread starter UgrewWHAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

I've been meaning to write this for a while now but to make such a statement I knew I'd better have my shit straight or else get raked as I have been here before.

I've been at my best to be receptive to whatever formula our longest running judges would approve. You know? I mean, one must ultimately look to Nikki and Swami. They have after all been judges since the Emerald Cup's conception. One would have to consider their almost Ayurvedic approach to anything and well, everything. Full. Natural. Nothing man-made. From the salt of the earth, Mendocino.

There are many naturally occurring soils and loams in NorCal folks. If you're a native NorCal kid of forty-plus years and beyond and have been around long enough to have tasted and experienced cannabis from all parts 35.1428 and North within our state then you've got a reliable palate.

One might also consider that we've got Aficionado seemingly winning the Emerald Cup several years consecutively.

In my mind it would have to come down to years upon years of having a relationship with this wonderful plant, first. Because the Cup is outdoor only and exclusively organic one must ponder what this means and read between the lines. Organic? Veganic? Probiotic? Native local Mendocino soil? Imported organic soil mediums?

Albeit we have any number of native Arcata, Shasta Trinity, Ukiah, East foothills, Calaveras county, Kern county, Big Sur, San Luis Obispo county and so many other inland and coastal soils... and even deceptive rogue hydro entries; our mediums are very well formulated and endless. Why do I seem to keep seeing a common theme within the Emerald Cup?

I do' think that without disrupting the hierarchy-in-place we could use some new blood. We also have to take into account the years and education behind our existing judges. But since this is what we've got to work with this would be my answer to the question above:

Swami and Nikki are going to know in two seconds by looking and smelling an entry if anything came out of a bottle. Our judges are also going to know what's grown in native soil or imported. We've got flavor in NorCal folks and we've got all of the right genetics! We've got quite a diversity of naturally flowing waters, lake waters, well waters, volcanic waters, sulphur water, RO water, chlorinated-fluoridated bat-shit crazy Bay Area water... you get my point. We've got biologists, ornamental horticulturists, chemists, PhD's and far-many educated persons in this Cup.

It would have to have been grown in the open sun in native Mendocino soil; Probiotic Alliance; maybe greenhouse, using only local waters(plural), mycos, bacteria and no guanos beyond insect frass.

It'd have to be native NorCal down to the bone... and maybe some unique genetics.

So lemme have it!

Last edited:
UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

On top of the entry fee's and new to this year Ladies and Gentlemen: The open revealing of disqualifications and public display of which farms and entries were disqualified and for what reason (i.e.: Mold, pesticides, chemical residues, non-organic practices, powdery mildew etc.). Your entry is your good name and future on the line this year folks and SC Labs are your 1st hurdle and judge.

The rules have changed and we've gone into cut-throat elimination.

Last edited:
Top Bottom