how to wire cfl' in series

• Thread starter thegardener
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
thegardener

thegardener

hey i am in the middle of upgrading to a bigger brow space but to do so the only thing holding me up is wiring 4 cfls ina series, is there anyone that can help me wit this or atleast point me in the direction of a tutorial or something

many thanks

thegardener

thegardener

nope thats not it its more somehting like this

im no electrition but this is what im trying to atchive

convex

convex

Series is a method of wiring that does not apply here, you want to wire in paralell.

I am sure you used series as a descriptor rather than the wiring term, but thought I should clarify that to avoid confusion.

A couple of 10 dollar 4 lamp vanity strips would serve you well for what you are trying to accomplish without having to manufacture and wire your own.

Cheers

thegardener

thegardener

well i have already bought the gear to put it together i have 4 bayenett socket blocks and the cable, wouldnt know where to get one of them vanity strips would a picture of what gear i have help??

jagle

jagle

got pics of your actually light sockets, or a link to them online so we can see

T

theTinker

On my CFLs I wired it as a sigle light from socket to light.
so Socket -> wire -> light.
. live to live, neutral to neutral.

Then i cut a second piece wire from some spare cable. then insert one end of the spare cable LIVE into the same little place on the first light as the first LIVE cable. its a tight fit but if you wrap them around each other and insert them as one, it works and is the proper way of doing it. Do the same with the nuetral.

Then the other side of the second wire goes into the live+neutral holes in the second light.

If you need a third light, just repeat the process.

thegardener

thegardener

On my CFLs I wired it as a sigle light from socket to light.
so Socket -> wire -> light.
. live to live, neutral to neutral.

Then i cut a second piece wire from some spare cable. then insert one end of the spare cable LIVE into the same little place on the first light as the first LIVE cable. its a tight fit but if you wrap them around each other and insert them as one, it works and is the proper way of doing it. Do the same with the nuetral.

Then the other side of the second wire goes into the live+neutral holes in the second light.

If you need a third light, just repeat the process.

thats the one right there i was so close to atempting to do this on my own but now that i know i was right im goin to do it this afternoon :)

thank you very much :)

T

theTinker

thats the one right there i was so close to atempting to do this on my own but now that i know i was right im goin to do it this afternoon :)

thank you very much :)

No problem. Glad my explaination wasnt too confusing!

medicalgrowman

medicalgrowman

CFLs aren't all-that to be honest...

CFLs are good enough for vegging, but they are inadequate for flowering, unless you buy so many that you could have got a more efficient HID.
If you have to jump through hoops to wire them etc. They ain't worth the effort in my humble opinion. And they run hot(contrary to popular internet myth) So if you're gonna spend the money and effort on hot running cfls that require
either big bux for large cfls or having to put together multiple cfls to still get inferior results.
I'd rather use a CMH for both veg & flower. I'm just saying!
Sorry to burst your bubble with the truth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom