How to wire electrical? 220V

• Thread starter The Humanure
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Humanure

The Humanure

I have a 4 banger LED grow with a mini split, heater, fans...
I have an 8 port Triton 220V box.
The timers are on the lights computer controller.

The 220V is not in a house its a 220V plug on a sub panel outside, no building just a Sub panel in a shed.
The grow will not be in the shed so I wanted a 10 foot cable from my "portable grow room"

ALl I need is a sub panel and my Triton for the lights?
The mini split goes into the sub and the triton goes into the sub?
110v into the sub?

Then Sub out to the 220V port?
Its an RV park Jack where an RV used to be but now its a small grow.

I am not doing electrical work, I am however buying the parts.

Anthem

Anthem

I have a 4 banger LED grow with a mini split, heater, fans...
I have an 8 port Triton 220V box.
The timers are on the lights computer controller.

The 220V is not in a house its a 220V plug on a sub panel outside, no building just a Sub panel in a shed.
The grow will not be in the shed so I wanted a 10 foot cable from my "portable grow room"

ALl I need is a sub panel and my Triton for the lights?
The mini split goes into the sub and the triton goes into the sub?
110v into the sub?

Then Sub out to the 220V port?
Its an RV park Jack where an RV used to be but now its a small grow.

I am not doing electrical work, I am however buying the parts.
Dude not sure if I understand correctly, but you want to run 220 volts for your lights. The sub panel would require 2 hot legs of 120 volts each. To get 220 volts you need 2 120 legs, if that explain things to you.

The Humanure

The Humanure

Dude not sure if I understand correctly, but you want to run 220 volts for your lights. The sub panel would require 2 hot legs of 120 volts each. To get 220 volts you need 2 120 legs, if that explain things to you.

Right but its coming from an RV panel with a Plug. Example im running 220V in an RV into a second panel with the Triton. Im running this with a roll out 220V cord so it can be simply pluged in. Photo one is the RV post panel. Photo 2 is what I want to plug into it then into my portable grow room on wheels.

HGC702843 01
Last edited:
Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Is your grow equipment 110 or 220? It sounds like you want to use the 220 outlet to power your 110 grow gear, or is it vice-versa?

The Humanure

The Humanure

Its 100% 220v from LED light to the panels. I have a fan thats 110v but I can use an extension cord. I have never grown on 110V other then a T5

Anthem

Anthem

Right but its coming from an RV panel with a Plug. Example im running 220V in an RV into a second panel with the Triton. Im running this with a roll out 220V cord so it can be simply pluged in. Photo one is the RV post panel. Photo 2 is what I want to plug into it then into my portable grow room on wheels.
View attachment 1111317View attachment 1111316
Photo 1 is the cord and socket, photo 2 is the panel. If the cord with the socket already installed is the socket you are plugging into the RV or whatever, you will need a pull to match one of the 2 on the subpanel from the looks of things. If you really have no idea about the electrical requirements I would have your electrician pick up the parts. Shorting out at 220 volts is not a good idea so I would error on the safe side

The Humanure

The Humanure

I'm more trying to get the concept. I'm doing no work. All I have is photo 2 a 220V panel with a plug on a pole. Trying to understand how portable grow rooms get power.

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

Interesting! Does the plug on the Titan not fit the RV panel?

The Humanure

The Humanure

I do have a Titan, its pretty much a power strip. It has a line in of 3 wires. No plug. I was trying to get the concept to get a parts list. Assuming, lights >> Titan >> long roll up extension cable >> RV park port. Entire project is 20 amps.

Anthem

Anthem

I'm more trying to get the concept. I'm doing no work. All I have is photo 2 a 220V panel with a plug on a pole. Trying to understand how portable grow rooms get power.
The cord you have in the picture has 4 conductors which gives you 2 hot legs, 1 neutral and 1 ground. That is what is needed to run the power between the 2 locations at 220 Volts. I am not sure if the plug in the sub panel is for plugging in power or for pulling power out of the subpanel. You will need to figure that out. I just saw your new post and it sounds like you have no idea what you are doing so I would hire an electrician rather than you trying to figure things out. I really do not want to see you getting shocked or worse.

Anthem

Anthem

I do have a Titan, its pretty much a power strip. It has a line in of 3 wires. No plug. I was trying to get the concept to get a parts list. Assuming, lights >> Titan >> long roll up extension cable >> RV park port. Entire project is 20 amps.
Line in of 3 wires, have you used the Titan before?

The Humanure

The Humanure

[B]Moe.Red[/B] right. I have used the Titon before. Thanks looks simple and understandable. I am not buying or installing anything just a proof of concept to show my builder. Thanks!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Guillain-Barre syndrome
I've looked at your posts but I understand pictures better. if you can draw a pic of what you want it may be easier to understand. I quickly did this if in USA or Canada
The 4 breakers on the top are a 2 pole 30 amp ( I'd suspect for the lower left receptacle ) and the one you'll use. a ? 220v breaker and a 15Amp 220v for the receptacle lower right.

Elect help
Stev3

Stev3

You can run/power LEDS with the Titan controller without any issues?

Top Bottom