How to you make hash into a brick?

• Thread starter Ilike2grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

I’m in the process of making dry sift hash with a screen. I’m using 2 different micro screens so I only get the good stuff. The problem I’m running into is what can I use to smush it into a small brick. I only have normal kitchen stuff. I don’t have anything convenient like a press. What can I use to compress it and how? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

steamroller

steamroller

Normal kitchen stuff to press hash ... 🤔
Maybe a garlic press if you close up the one end ?
I bought a little screw type press. It works ,but is kind of messy with 'blow by' in the tube.
Not the best but works .🥴

steamroller

steamroller

Like Nick is alluding to, if there is too much plant material [ dirt/sugar{ dark not light colored sift}] then it will not press well or hold together .
I use 4 screens and the first one is not pressable .The second may be pressable ,but it is the third and final [on glass] that press into hash IME .

freezeland2

freezeland2

I’m in the process of making dry sift hash with a screen. I’m using 2 different micro screens so I only get the good stuff. The problem I’m running into is what can I use to smush it into a small brick. I only have normal kitchen stuff. I don’t have anything convenient like a press. What can I use to compress it and how? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Without a press? Do you have any kinda of mold? If you had a pre-press mold used for making rosin, and a vice on a work bench in the garage I bet you could make a slab.

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

Oh man I’d love to have a vice grip to do it. But I thank everyone for your advice. I Went with using wax paper and a jar filled with hot water. It came out perfect, since this is my first time I’m not sure if it’s of the best quality as it’s more green then brown, I also only used my trim to make it, I also got a lot … probably at least 1/2 oz. I’ll find out how good it is tonight when I sprinkle some in with the weed I use to make a joint.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

More contaminates, in a tumbler
20210830 182907

Yes it with still press into a nice brick.
20211029 182901

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

What do you mean when you say tumble time? Do you use a dryer or something? Lol. If there’s a easier way then a screen I’d like to know. Just remember I’m a home grower and only grow 4 at a time.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

What do you mean when you say tumble time? Do you use a dryer or something? Lol. If there’s a easier way then a screen I’d like to know. Just remember I’m a home grower and only grow 4 at a time.
I use a rosin tech pollen master 500 tumbler.

I too am a home grower and grow 4 bigger plants at a time
20220511 124017

Ilike2grow

Ilike2grow

How much does that cost? If it’s not crazy expensive I can get one. It sounds alot easier to just put everything in that and let it do the work. It would save alot of time. But I used the wax paper and hot bottle of water to make my current hash. It melted it together into a puck, I smoked some on a bowl last night and it fucked me up.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

How much does that cost? If it’s not crazy expensive I can get one. It sounds alot easier to just put everything in that and let it do the work. It would save alot of time. But I used the wax paper and hot bottle of water to make my current hash. It melted it together into a puck, I smoked some on a bowl last night and it fucked me up.
I paid $720.00 usd

Moshmen

Moshmen

This is where I started but I’m a cheap ass - then I cleaned and pressed with water bottle like you - mayb a bit of work but well worth it imo

3BCEF1F7 C919 445A BF52 EFE89A81CDB7
41FDCC37 7A38 4A55 AECC 715A4C457309
Top Bottom