How Too Build Your Promix Soil Up

• Thread starter GipGreenThumb902
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GipGreenThumb902

GipGreenThumb902

How much do I add: I want to add Blood Meal, Bone Meal, store bought Composted cow manure, to Promix Premium All Purpose Mix Soil.
How many parts per each, to liters of soil?

How too build your promix soil up
How too build your promix soil up 2
How too build your promix soil up 3
How too build your promix soil up 4
How too build your promix soil up 5
How too build your promix soil up 6
Natep

Natep

I would amend it with craft blend. It has more of what you need. I added 1/4 cup per gallon but don’t be afraid to add more.

7AC9FAFF 1162 442A 949F DB1E919A5D26
LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
How much do I add: I want to add Blood Meal, Bone Meal, store bought Composted cow manure, to Promix Premium All Purpose Mix Soil.
How many parts per each, to liters of soil?
It's not a soil mixture I'd ever consider attempting, but I could make a wild ass guess. I'd start with the soil being the largest part of the mixture, say 80%. Then I'd guess at the cow manure being 10%. That leaves the other two to complete the mixture. I've never seen blood meal or bone meal, so I can only guess the volume. Together, the two are basically providing N, P, K and Ca. So, it's a question of how much of those nutrients you need to add to the Promix. Because those nutrients can easily be added at any time, I'd start with lesser amounts to avoid nutrient excess.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
GipGreenThumb902

GipGreenThumb902

It's not a soil mixture I'd ever consider attempting, but I could make a wild ass guess. I'd start with the soil being the largest part of the mixture, say 80%. Then I'd guess at the cow manure being 10%. That leaves the other two to complete the mixture. I've never seen blood meal or bone meal, so I can only guess the volume. Together, the two are basically providing N, P, K and Ca. So, it's a question of how much of those nutrients you need to add to the Promix. Because those nutrients can easily be added at any time, I'd start with lesser amounts to avoid nutrient excess.
Thank you, I'm going to leave out the bone meal, I'm just going to mix the cow manure, and the blood meal, to the pro mix.
I'd have to go back and read the directions, but I'm pretty sure that the blood meal States a teaspoon or 1 tbsp , per liter of soil. Because the pro-mix already has nutrients and the cow manure, I'll probably cut the ratio of Blood meal to a half of its ratio.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I'd have to go back and read the directions, but I'm pretty sure that the blood meal States a teaspoon or 1 tbsp , per liter of soil. Because the pro-mix already has nutrients and the cow manure, I'll probably cut the ratio of Blood meal to a half of its ratio.
If you knew that, why did you ask? Of course, read the directions. It's better than me wasting my time trying to help. ☹️

TreeBee

TreeBee

Bone meal isn't available right away it needs to break down first same with blood meal but the blood breaks down faster so add those at the start mixed in. The bags will have basic instructions for how much to add to your mix but remember you can always add more nutes if needed as a top dress but taking them away is much harder. It seems like your trying for organic? If so and you have yet to buy the promix they do have one that is organic called "promix premium organic vegtable and herb mix" it was the same price as the one you have shown here. Very close in composition but all organic. I think you will want to add some perlite, lava rock or pumice for better drainage. Also you will want to find a source for potassium as your plants will want much more of that towards flowering.

GipGreenThumb902

GipGreenThumb902

Bone meal isn't available right away it needs to break down first same with blood meal but the blood breaks down faster so add those at the start mixed in. The bags will have basic instructions for how much to add to your mix but remember you can always add more nutes if needed as a top dress but taking them away is much harder. It seems like your trying for organic? If so and you have yet to buy the promix they do have one that is organic called "promix premium organic vegtable and herb mix" it was the same price as the one you have shown here. Very close in composition but all organic. I think you will want to add some perlite, lava rock or pumice for better drainage. Also you will want to find a source for potassium as your plants will want much more of that towards flowering.
Thanks, I was thinking using the bone meal for some top dressing drawing flowering.

If I need more liquid nutrients during the grill, I have haul in secret Bloom, grow and micro.

PXL 20240527 145523360 01COVER
TreeBee

TreeBee

Thanks, I was thinking using the bone meal for some top dressing drawing flowering.

If I need more liquid nutrients during the grill, I have haul in secret Bloom, grow and micro.
Ignore my organic comments it doesn't matter what promix you start in if those are your nutes. I also can't really help with those. I am not very experienced with synthetic stuff. I have heard its not ideal to mix organics with synthetics as it creates a lot of variables but hopefully someone who knows more will come along. Happy growing!

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I would amend it with craft blend. It has more of what you need. I added 1/4 cup per gallon but don’t be afraid to add more.
It's legit, I am messing around with craft next run in my super soil

7munkee

7munkee

All your answers are in this video. It is what I use, and I am getting ready to start my 6th straight grow in the SAME soil by only amending it.

Stokes

Stokes

Ive never liked the idea of mixing in blood meal to my mix. I prefer slower release and usually opt to use alfalfa and other meals in place of it, and give a shot of bat guano or blood meal whenever i see the leaves start to lighten up or before stretch.

Natep

Natep

If you are using synthetic nutrients then there is no reason to add bone meal.

7munkee

7munkee

If you are using synthetic nutrients then there is no reason to add bone meal.
Personally, I use Seabird Guano (0-11-0). Animals that are fed GMO grain and get pumped full of antibiotics can still have their bones used for 'organic' bonemeal. Sure, there is no calcium in SBG, but I also use crab meal which contains calcium, magnesium, nitrogen and is made of chitin... chitin triggers an immune response in plans because it is what insects are made from.

Between the SBG and the crabmeal, I only need a source of potassium. And I get that from fermented summer squash.

H

HomeGrownOhio

Ive never liked the idea of mixing in blood meal to my mix. I prefer slower release and usually opt to use alfalfa and other meals in place of it, and give a shot of bat guano or blood meal whenever i see the leaves start to lighten up or before stretch.
I second that.

Top Bottom