How warm does everyone run their rooms that are using co2 enrichment?

• Thread starter Diesel21
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrundleGrow

GrundleGrow

Less that 6 feet height. Over 2 pounds and a pound of shake popcorn. I think I could have pushed 3 pounds with a few more runs in it. But I'll never know
Wait 2 pounds per bucket or 2 pounds per run??? Dude 8 a light would be insane, could swindle people even worse than the 3 a light guy lol
Yeah I wouldn't attempt it in a tent.

That durofoam is cheap like $12cad for a 12x8 sheet. Thats all its built out of.

Whats your method to get that stuff completely sealed? And does it keep the smell in there at all?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wait 2 pounds per bucket or 2 pounds per run??? Dude 8 a light would be insane, could swindle people even worse than the 3 a light guy lol

Whats your method to get that stuff completely sealed? And does it keep the smell in there at all?
2 total. I'm sure I could do 3 with practice on a decent yielding strain.

Literally built it from 2x2s and durofoam. Sealed all seams with that metal ducting tape and weather stripping on the doors. That's it. Then I run a scrubber and can't smell it from a foot away.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a thread with the new room just starting to run.. but this will be a dirt grow so not near as fast as my hydro.

It's called Aquaman gets dirty

GrundleGrow

GrundleGrow

I have a thread with the new room just starting to run.. but this will be a dirt grow so not near as fast as my hydro.

It's called Aquaman gets dirty
Awesome thanks for the advice. Will check out the thread!

threatco

threatco

ABC fire.. I would do CO2 without a completely sealed room. No exhaust fans. Otherwise, I think the cost would be insane

I assumed that a sealed room with a light doing 1300+ avg ppfd is unavoidably going to heat up too much if completely sealed eventually.

Wouldn't you have to exhaust it sometimes?

Or do we need to be able to keep under temp while sealed after 12h of light? How can that be done?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I assumed that a sealed room with a light doing 1300+ avg ppfd is unavoidably going to heat up too much if completely sealed eventually.

Wouldn't you have to exhaust it sometimes?

Or do we need to be able to keep under temp while sealed after 12h of light? How can that be done?
I had no trouble doing it with a 5k btu window AC. Good air circulation and a controller. Because of the small space it cycled quite often but was not an issue the controller has a 3 min delay I set to prevent damage to the compressor

threatco

threatco

I had no trouble doing it with a 5k btu window AC. Good air circulation and a controller. Because of the small space, it cycled quite often but was not an issue the controller has a 3 min delay I set to prevent damage to the compressor

Is the other side of that window fan exhausting hot air into another indoor space? So basically the AC is bringing in the fresh air? Which makes it more efficient at cooling per cubic feet of air displaced and therefore more practical than a simple exhaust or inlet fan?

Am I on the right track? Or does that AC actually sit in an exterior window?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Is the other side of that window fan exhausting hot air into another indoor space? So basically the AC is bringing in the fresh air? Which makes it more efficient at cooling per cubic feet of air displaced and therefore more practical than a simple exhaust or inlet fan?

Am I on the right track? Or does that AC actually sit in an exterior window?
No no dual hose and window AC are sealed units. They have a hit side and cold side. The cold side only recycles air from in the room. The portion outside only circulates air outside the room to cool the hotside. So yes outside the room gets heat from this. There is no air exchange.

Single hose portable AC's are not suitable for this reason.

threatco

threatco

No no dual hose and window AC are sealed units. They have a hit side and cold side. The cold side only recycles air from in the room. The portion outside only circulates air outside the room to cool the hotside. So yes outside the room gets heat from this. There is no air exchange.

Single hose portable AC's are not suitable for this reason.

Thank you so much. It finally clicked I think.

No air exchange. The AC cools the inside sealed air. And a byproduct is hot air on the other side, but without air exchange. Sweet.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The reason I did a seperate side is so the cold air doesn't blow directly on the plants. If you look at the top of the grow side I have a 4"fan sucking air from the grow side to the equipment side. This creates the air circulation in an upflow manner so you get the best air exposure to the bottoms of the leaves

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Once up and running I ran my flower room at 1500ppm with room temps rt around 85 and leaf temps hovered around 80. I ran a perpetual multi-strain grow so I ended up making a separate finishing area where I could get them out of the co2 rich environment and drop the temps and rh which would really make the colors pop and increase trich production the last 5-6 days before harvest.
I found with running co2 at 1500ppm it increased yields but also changed the flavor somewhat, hence the "finishing room" idea which did exactly what I had hoped it would.

Beowuuulf

Beowuuulf

Once up and running I ran my flower room at 1500ppm with room temps rt around 85 and leaf temps hovered around 80. I ran a perpetual multi-strain grow so I ended up making a separate finishing area where I could get them out of the co2 rich environment and drop the temps and rh which would really make the colors pop and increase trich production the last 5-6 days before harvest.
I found with running co2 at 1500ppm it increased yields but also changed the flavor somewhat, hence the "finishing room" idea which did exactly what I had hoped it would.
good to hear first hand experience that high co2 does really have effect on bud quality if not tapered off at the final stage.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Some may not notice. I have lung issues and the ambient air at the end of flower was a notable difference for me. If I were growing solely for personal use I wouldn't run co2 at all. Unfortunately when there's a market involved co2 is a necessary evil lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom