How wet can her feet get?

• Thread starter HerbGardner
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HerbGardner

Overwatering is the biggest rookie mistake, and everywhere I read says cannabis hates wet feet. Ideally it's better to give a big watering once a week or so and encourage roots to explore and grow big and strong.

But how wet can they handle?

There's a public showers here that drains into beautiful sandy loam. The building makes a good windbreak and the microenvironment is only slightly swampy.

I figured what the hell, free water, and threw in some hazes at varying degrees of soggy. After just leaving them for a month or so, I came back to find them covered in aphids/thrips but they seem to be handling the overwatering quite well.

Of course, it will be a different story once the girls are laden with berries, but so far so good right?

I've been cleaning up the bug smegma with just soap and water, occasionally 17% alcohol if its handy. Any ideas for dirt cheap IPM would be amazing.

Do these plants show signs of overwatering / root rot to you farmers? The first plant is a different strain and all bushy from a fucked up fim, fuck i missed the fuck i missed it. They all got a top-dressing of compost today which I watered in, but usually they just wick all they need from below.

How wet can her feet get 3
How wet can her feet get 2
How wet can her feet get

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you would have to leave a hose with running water at the base of the stem until you have water floating around her to have “wet feet”..
gravity is constantly pulling water away and it’s evaporating away as well..
obviously good drainage in that ground..

H

HerbGardner

you would have to leave a hose with running water at the base of the stem until you have water floating around her to have “wet feet”..
gravity is constantly pulling water away and it’s evaporating away as well..
obviously good drainage in that ground..
Great info, I'll think of it as a graywater stream rather than swamp.

I think the biggest issue will be soaps raising the water pH and potentially locking out boron and iron. Have to see how she goes.

J

Jojo420

But how wet can they handle?
This answer depends on what medium you are growing in.
Roots can grow in deep water culture where they are wet 100% of the time.
In soil they hate soggy wet feet
You can water coco coir every hour if you want, the more you hydrate coco the better it is.
Many ways to skin this cat.

Top Bottom