How would I defoliate this plant? It’s very short!

• Thread starter Littlefoxton100
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Littlefoxton100

Littlefoxton100

Hi guys any tips on how to defoliate this plant? It’s been vegging for nearly 6 weeks. I think its growth was stunted by the cold weather (winter in the UK). I want to switch to flower in a couple of weeks time. I reckon I need to trim some leaves to get some light down there.. so any help is appreciated! Thanks.

How would i defoliate this plant its very short
How would i defoliate this plant its very short 2
mjvdet13

mjvdet13

don't take anything off the top at that stage. unless you are topping. The main focus right now is keeping loose stuff and trash stems off the under side.. cleaning the interior of the plant promotes healthy growth

EDIT** but this is all considering temps, rh and water cycles are on point.. that should be your first focus

Littlefoxton100

Littlefoxton100

don't take anything off the top at that stage. unless you are topping. The main focus right now is keeping loose stuff and trash stems off the under side.. cleaning the interior of the plant promotes healthy growth

EDIT** but this is all considering temps, rh and water cycles are on point.. that should be your first focus
Thanks dude. Temperature is gradually improving and steady. First ever grow. I’m only feeding water when they need it and pot is visibly lighter. Likewise I’m spreading out the nutrients. I’ve been guilty of overdoing in the past with these plants.

What’s RH?
Thanks

Littlefoxton100

Littlefoxton100

When you do defol, try to be sparing anytime time you do, I always take the largest most obtrusive leaves pointed towards the center that are covering potential top sites.
There are quite a few of those so will do so. I think they are blocking the development of the smaller leaves below and what I hope are the bud sites. Thank you :)

Top Bottom