How would you respond to these?

• Thread starter Mothman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mothman

Mothman

I see male parts and flowers on this plant (from a gifted regular photoperiod seed). I assume these are hermie signs and that the pollen is no good?

If I remove the nanners and keep it in the tent, do I risk more developing? Would you keep it but move it outdoors? Or just chop it and cut losses?

FYI: I flipped to 12/12 on June 1 after germinating on April 15. Started seeing stigmas within days of that. Growing in 3 gal fabric pots. Thanks for sharing your opinion! 😎

How would you respond to these
How would you respond to these 2
steamroller

steamroller

She's a man !
If it is only in one locale try to remove those peckers and see if they migrate to other parts of plant.
Has the plant been exposed or put under any stress you know of ?
Outside for now since light cycle should be reasonable, but with a watchful eye.

Mothman

Mothman

She's a man !
If it is only in one locale try to remove those peckers and see if they migrate to other parts of plant.
Outside for now since light cycle should be reasonable, but with a watchful eye.
Excellent advice, thanks. That’s what I was thinking, too.

But after getting her outside and examining more closely, I found several other locations with male/female parts so I think she is a lost cause. I’ll plan to send her out to sea in flames tomorrow.

Mothman

Mothman

I’ve been a bit relaxed with occasional light in the room after lights out. I also have struggled keeping the room darkened at dawn and dusk. Otherwise this grow (my 2nd) has been pretty sweet.

My first grow I whipped like a rented mule and they showed it, but I got a few jars of super fragrant buds in the fridge. And no balls with that grow either. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
If I had the available room, time, and will to do so, I would quarantine that plant and keep it going - you'll at least have some decent mostly feminized seed for next year. Otherwise I wouldn't bother if I thought there was a chance it would contaminate the rest of my plants/buds.

If anything now you know the importance of keeping light leaks to a minimum during flowering period. 🤠

Mothman

Mothman

If I had the available room, time, and will to do so, I would quarantine that plant and keep it going - you'll at least have some decent mostly feminized seed for next year. Otherwise I wouldn't bother if I thought there was a chance it would contaminate the rest of my plants/buds.

If anything now you know the importance of keeping light leaks to a minimum during flowering period. 🤠
True that, @Deadstill. But regarding zero light at night, it’s odd that the two of the same strain are affected (yes, it’s now both females, same strain, showing tiny bananas), while the other 3 strains/females are unaffected—for now at least. It suggests the issue might be stress after all, with this unlucky strain being sensitive to it.

“I knew this grow was going too well.”
—Mothman

grnmtn

grnmtn

I’ve been a bit relaxed with occasional light in the room after lights out. I also have struggled keeping the room darkened at dawn and dusk. Otherwise this grow (my 2nd) has been pretty sweet.

My first grow I whipped like a rented mule and they showed it, but I got a few jars of super fragrant buds in the fridge. And no balls with that grow either. 🤷🏼‍♂️
You need to deal with the light leaks and such and keep them totally dark or you will continue to have the same issue. Just my 2 cents.

B

Budzyz

Remove the male flowers. If they come from a flower cluster remove the entire node. This is almost certainly heat or light stress causing hermaphroditism. Check your light intensity and raise if needed . Also put in fans to keep temps below 85

Mothman

Mothman

Remove the male flowers. If they come from a flower cluster remove the entire node. This is almost certainly heat or light stress causing hermaphroditism. Check your light intensity and raise if needed . Also put in fans to keep temps below 85
Thanks! I agree, there’s evidence of probable light stress. I need to tighten up my sloppy light practices. Not sure I want to chase down boy parts on 2 plants for the next 5 wks, though. I may chop these 2 and focus on the plants from breeder seed. But I’ll store away this advice in case it happens again.

Temps this grow are warmer than I like sometimes but the fan controller seems to keep temp and humidity from getting out of hand. I backed off the LED intensity today, but I’ll recheck ppfd tomorrow. Fans are doing their thing.

I’m starting to see revegging (but no herms so far) starting up on the survivors, so I'm scrambling to read everything I can find on that topic.

Thanks for the solid advice, Budzyz.

Mothman

Mothman

Thanks! I agree, there’s evidence of probable light stress. Trying to grow in a house occupied by multiple people has contributed to my sloppy light practices this grow. Temps are warmer than I prefer sometimes but nothing unusual.

Mothman

Mothman

You need to deal with the light leaks and such and keep them totally dark or you will continue to have the same issue. Just my 2 cents.
Much harder to get to 12 hrs of dark in the bedroom when it’s light outdoors for 14 hrs/day. But I've gotten serious about the indoor dark cycle. The indoor plants seem to be ok now, just waiting to see how the hermies outdoors turn out. I inspected both closely today—it’s the first day there were no bananas. But they’re struggling through the switch from flowering indoors to vegging outdoors.

If I see no further nanners, I’ll continue the grow outdoors and plan to adjust my harvest to October. Being a positive kinda guy, I gave the herms a feeding yesterday and a watering today. I also staked each pot to provide support to the stalks.

Mothman

Mothman

Does anyone have advice on how they’ve dealt with feeding plants that move from flowering in the tent to 14-hr days of revegging outdoors?

It’s been about 10-11 days since I discovered pollen structures (sacs and nanner bunches) on both of these previously indoor females (same strain).

I decided to let them live and just keep them in the back yard away from my indoor grow. My plan is to keep them there until they flower (again) around Sept-October. I’m thinking if it’s not good smoking weed, I might cook with it. Or sell it to middle schoolers (JUST KIDDING!).

These 2 both have stopped growing flowers but look pretty healthy otherwise. Mainly I’m trying to decide between feeding them a veg regimen or keeping them on the flowering feed cycle. I assume they should go to a veg feed plan until flowering starts up again. Any thoughts?

FYI: I flipped the light to 12/12 on June 1. I’m using 3-gal fabric pots of FFOF+9% added coarse perlite, the core 3 FF nutes, plus 2-3 light doses of Epsom and cal-mag.
D8523552 83DE 419C BDC8 C120A69C10FB

Latest posts

Top Bottom