How Would You Set Up A Rectangular Flowering Room (6'x4')?

• Thread starter qupee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
qupee

qupee

The room is 6 feet long and 4 feet wide, 7 foot ceiling over about 42" of it and 6 foot ceiling over the rest. Nice room to use, but the shape and size are less than ideal. Veg is in a separate area under a 400w.

Stadium SOG could yield the most I suppose but I'm thinking lower plant numbers, soil, simple, and it has to account for run off from watering (no drain in room, my thought was a little caddy on casters to hold a smart pot over a plant tray to catch the runoff, trellis built onto the caddy too). You also have to be able to get into the room through the doorway, so anything in front of it must be easily movable, and have enough space to water and train a bit.

I was thinking hang a bare 1kw vertical in the middle on a track and have it move back and forth a couple feet to hit all of the rectangular space. Put a dozen plants around the walls in 5 gallon/12" diameter fabric pots and tie them back to screens on the walls, trying to keep them at least 18" from the center line of the room.

Not sure if 1kw would be too much, but 600w doesn't seem like enough to cover the space.

The intake air is climate controlled 72°, exhaust is 8x24" Phresh filter and 8" Phresh Hyper fan. The one 8" exhaust port is the only way to get air out of the room.

The 6' ceiling in the lower part means a bulb hanging off a mover would probably be 5' off the ground tops. It'll end up being right in between the tops, not much ability to raise it above them.

Maybe stacked 600's so the distance from the light isn't as much of an issue, but then I'd feel like I'd need two levels or an extra long veg time to use that much height.

Another idea is two 600w's, not on movers, and plants around them in a figure 8. But that's crowded and even more watts and it would tougher to get in the room to water and train.

What would you folks do in this space?

Stumpy420

Stumpy420

Can you hang the light in the high part of the ceiling and be efficient? So long as the bottom of the ligh hangs below the 6ft high ceiling area you would be ok. Is the higher ceiling in the center of the room or close to center?

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
20150717 161701

3x3 low tide tray on cinder blocks and 12x2s , under 600w with drainage bin underneath.

420 lyfePpP

420 lyfePpP

20150818 140338
I'm in the stages of planing. Got a garden on go . 5-8 ft. Not sure on the ventilation will run . It's been an open room pretty much and I wanna go bigger . Need more meds .☺ . Got some ideas. Got mobility issues so takin my time planning. I do got a 6"in line. And a squirrel fan. Sorry not trying to thread jack.

Top Bottom