How Would You Stealth Exhuast This Window

• Thread starter space101
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

space101

Howdy farmers,

Really quick I'm running about a 7x7x8 room with 4k in lights, 1700 cfm 12" max fan air cooling the hoods. I'm also going to have a 12k btu window banger with a/c box exhausted by a 660 cfm 8" max fan. This will all be ducted via 8" out of a 11"x35" window that is on a 2nd story.

My question what would be the best way to stealthily Exhuast the air without a ton of wind noise nor being able to discern from outside that over 2300 cfm of air is being exhuasted.

I can upload a pic once I get too a desktop. I wish mobile uploading had been part of the new site upgrades.

Dunge

Dunge

Might wish to include a drawing.
So many aspects of your described arrangement are unclear to me, and by extension other readers who might have some suggestions.
I'm subbed and looking forward to following this effort.
I can imagine it smoking like a dryer vent in the winter.
Good luck.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I was having trouble visualizing this as well, amybe a little more detail, and some advice can be offered.

outwest

S

space101

Photo 2

Photo 3

And I'm thinking about cutting a hole above that door to run the ducting out of to the window.

R

recreationaluse

is there a 3rd floor. if not cut out thru ceiling and duct into attic. just be ready to patch shit up in case they call you to tell you someone will be doing repairs in attic. other than that cant think of anyway to stealthily vent out a visible window. I had a friend with similar scenario. he purchased a water cooler with 2 ice box thingy, and runs his vented hoods in a loop all inside the room. the heat generated from the closed loop was noticeably offset by the water cooler

vaporedout

vaporedout

wheres that window go? is it an apt or house? do you have a carbon filter?

i used a similar setup for one of my indoors, my window went into the backyard. my window was in the grow room so i put a piece of plywood over the window, cut a circular hole in it and that took care of my vent/light but i also had a scrubber on that so the smell was minimum but i did hear some fannage when i got close to the window, just sounded like a fan though, and your setup will travel a little ways so it might not sound bad.... maybe just run some ducting up there now and go outside and listen..

and put a piece of wood or metal in the window tract so the window stays open but wont open for burglars!!

ttystikk

ttystikk

First, the amount of air you plan to move to cool your hoods is somewhere between excessive and outrageous, lol- you'll do just fine with a 6" fan, one that matches the 6" openings in the hoods themselves. I would have two intakes (these, to maintain a sealed room, should draw their air from out side the room), each passing across two hoods, then use a Y connector to connect them. Place your fan at that junction so it PULLS the air through the hoods, then use insulated 6" ducting from there, through/over the bathroom door and to the window to exhaust it. The insulation will keep the heat in the duct where it belongs, and the insulated duct tubing will effectively muffle the fan noise. IF that air is cool enough- and it may not be- then you can use it to cool your AC unit.

Remember that your AC unit is really two air circulation systems in one box; the front pulls air in, cools it by running it across the condensor coils, then blows it back out into the room. The back pulls cool air from somewhere OTHER than where you want to cool- like outside- and heats that by blowing air through the compressor coils, then out. Therefore, you need to effectively handle 4 different air streams to effectively use your AC unit in the room.

I'm a big fan- and exponent here on the Farm of- larger scale water chilling systems. The reasons boil down to flexibility and running costs for cooling. I have just one big chiller, but it cools my entire setup; from clone, veg and bloom rooms to all the RDWC systems I have. That's 3 rooms, 3 systems and a total of 12kW of lighting, all cooled with a chiller that runs less than half the time while pulling only 8.5 amps@220. The advantage of water cooling is that you can place your 'ac' chiller unit wherever you want, and then run cold water from it to all the places you need cooled, and then back. These can be nice long runs, as water's thermal density ensures it will still arrive cool and ready to work.

So, if you need your bloom room cooled, you place an Ice Box or two in there with a fan blowing through each one, and connect that fan to your temerature controller. If you need an RDWC system cooled, you run the water through a 15-20' coil of 3/8" copper tubing and place that coil down into the water in your epicenter or head bucket where it will see constant water circulation.

Your friend's water chilled setup with the endless loop vented hoods thing might be effective, but I bet I can same him a small fortune by routing all that hot air outside and cooling the room with the chiller instead... Or at the very least, I can have that heat go to heating his house and watch his heating bill drop to nothing, lol. The best part? Water chillers do not transport smell. Period.

H

hogan400

Ive seen some chiller cooled warehouses recently that were bad ass and gave me some new ideas. I may have to shoot you some questions soon ttystikk.

Top Bottom