Howdy from the mountains!

• Thread starter Max Frost
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Max Frost

Max Frost

Greetings all! I'm just an old redneck from the mountains who enjoys growing his own meds. I've been growing off and on for a while now and have just gotten set back up after a divorce and other life-changes forced me to shut down for a while.

I'm doing a stealth grow in an apartment where noise, odor and security are big concerns. All my prior experience has been running HID lighting. My last set-up used (2) 1000 watt HPS in the flower room. Currently, I'm working in 2'x4' tents for veg and flower. I'm going to post a journal of my gear and current run, so I'll save the details for it.

I've been active off and on at other grow forums, but a good friend is a member here and highly recommended THC Farmer as a great place. I trust his judgement, so I'm certain it is! I look forward to meeting you, and making new friends!

Best,

Max Frost

Max Frost

Max Frost

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! The farm is definitely a cool place to hang and to learn. I'm sure I'm going to make some great friends here! I'm in the mountains where Tennessee, North Carolina and Virginia all come together. (There's a place not far where you can stand in all three states at the same time). I'm in a tiny little town that rolls the sidewalks in at dark, lol, but it's so beautiful and peaceful. I've lived in Raleigh and Atlanta. Those were too big for me. I like small towns. You just have to be VERY careful in a small town because everybody knows your business whether you want them too or not!

Again, thanks for the kind words and nice welcome! I'm looking forward to meeting you all.

Best,

Max :wacky:

K

kolah

Welcome Mad Max!
1madmax

Natural

Natural

I'm in a big city now..uggghh. Missing my mtns bro! People should know the mecca of great music and food that came outta there. Good vibes to you and yours brother!

Max Frost

Max Frost

Too cool ya'll! Yeah, it's a beautiful part of the country and has rich a heritage of regional music, cuisine and spirits! Some of the best moonshine in the world comes out of these mountains! I keep a jar in the freezer. I'll take it over vodka or tequila any day! I've lived in allot of different places, but always in the South! The largest places were Atlanta and Raleigh/Durham. They're too big for my liking these days. It was cool when I was younger, but now I just like things VERY laid back. We get allot of seasonal tourists in the area, and I always notice that our visiting friends from north of the Mason-Dixon are usually so serious and "in a hurry". It's all business with them, and they are usually very suspicious and aggressive.

I just can't figure out why anybody would choose to live like that! Around here, we like to take out time and "visit" with our friends. There's so much more to life. We all just need to take time to stop and smell the kushage!

Best,

ZONER

ZONER

Yup beautiful country Max, Grandfather mountain... And watching the snow go up Blowing Rock in the winter...

ZONER .. Says a friend directed me here ....;-)

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

Greetings all! I'm just an old redneck from the mountains who enjoys growing his own meds. I've been growing off and on for a while now and have just gotten set back up after a divorce and other life-changes forced me to shut down for a while.

I'm doing a stealth grow in an apartment where noise, odor and security are big concerns. All my prior experience has been running HID lighting. My last set-up used (2) 1000 watt HPS in the flower room. Currently, I'm working in 2'x4' tents for veg and flower. I'm going to post a journal of my gear and current run, so I'll save the details for it.

I've been active off and on at other grow forums, but a good friend is a member here and highly recommended THC Farmer as a great place. I trust his judgement, so I'm certain it is! I look forward to meeting you, and making new friends!

Best,

Max Frost

Mountain dweller here myself. Have left fewer than 20 times in 20 years. Pleased to meetcha.

Working on my first grow. All help, love, and encouragement needed! (And for me too, not just my crop)

8000 feet. Will have 16 total.

Hugs!
Lizzie

Max Frost

Max Frost

Mountain dweller here myself. Have left fewer than 20 times in 20 years. Pleased to meetcha.

Working on my first grow. All help, love, and encouragement needed! (And for me too, not just my crop)

8000 feet. Will have 16 total.

Hugs!
Lizzie

Howdy Lizzie! Well, I'm afraid you have me beat with "20 times in 20 years"! Haha! I wish I could say that! :meh: Congrats on getting your first run underway! You should post a diary and show us what you've got going on. You'll get plenty of love, encouragement, advice, etc.if you do! Sixteen should make for a nice first harvest! ;) What strains are you running?

Best,

thirdeyemama

thirdeyemama

I've got threads started under "Cannabis Harvesting and Curing" but will also list here, and we aren't done. I use Bubba Kush the most for pain and we are promised a few clones, but asking the landlord for the clones he promised isn't the best way to live another 20 years here! Will get that list in a jiffy. So glad to meet you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom