How's my leaf tip burn going.

• Thread starter yobbocrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yobbocrack

i know why the branch fell over because it got the weight of a tank no crap i tried some string to lift it.

IMG 20230224 122016 586

IMG 20230224 123218 869

Y

yobbocrack

this is the highest pic i can take the leaf tip burn hasn't really increase much i can see it starting on the edge of some leaves its nothing serious i dropped EC to 1.2, nothing more to do to it now.

IMG 20230224 160059 115

Y

yobbocrack

i bought one of these digital scales i want to check weight of branches after its harvested.
i will test calibrate it with other scales i have of course to check for accuracy.

• Max weight:25Kg
  • Accuracy: 0 - 10kg : 5g 10 - 25kg : 10 g
S l500

Y

yobbocrack

here's a mix of old and new leaves check out the burn on the old leaves...i always get the burn but i have delayed it later in flower this time its better than getting the burn early lol
i'm managing the plant ok no other branches have fallen over.

IMG 20230225 103250 587

IMG 20230225 103326 383

IMG 20230225 103402 005

L

liveearth

Thing that can cause leaf tip burn, foliar urea, excess sodium, excess boron. A lot of ppl miss the boron. Remember ec is just total salts so things like sulfates will add to that measure.

Y

yobbocrack

Thing that can cause leaf tip burn, foliar urea, excess sodium, excess boron. A lot of ppl miss the boron. Remember ec is just total salts so things like sulfates will add to that measure.
There all good points and i rarely see coco growers going through a complete grow with perfect leaves and no imbalances with there plant i can just rely on what the nutrient maker advises and watch the outcome...even there advise on dosage amounts can be too high.

Y

yobbocrack

i changed EC in from 1.2 to 0.9 i want to drop the runoff EC its coming out at 1.7

Y

yobbocrack

some close ups i need a stabilizer and there is some out of focus moments and got some orange pistils too

Y

yobbocrack

this will be my largest yielding grow and buds are dense too and sticky i try not to touch them its start of week 6
EC going in 0.9 and the runoff EC 1.3

Alb

Alb

About to start week 5 with no changes still watering EC 1.5 going in and EC 1.8 runoff also the amount of runoff is more than recommend i was thinking of reducing EC going in slightly to slow down leaf tip burn i'm sure watering more often would keep EC better reduced but i'm still doing 3 times waterings a day.
i do like cocoforcannabis it suits me its written like "For Dummies" there advice to try avoid flushing is plausible under EC Run-off Guidelines.

View attachment 1333162
View attachment 1333163
View attachment 1333164
View attachment 1333165
View attachment 1333166
Things that I have found with minor tip burn is sometimes by increasing the plants available elements to accommodate this situation" Any living thing will only do as good as its least available element ie for plants c02, nutrients<macro micro> light, oxygen in the root zone symbiotic relationships with soil microbes ie. mycorrhiza ." So in short increasing these things may help with to hot a root zone with not used up nutrients in growing media leading to ph balance issues down the road and present. Moving plants to allow for more exposure to light for all parts of the multiple plants instead of crowding and introducing more co2 richer environment fan circulation to utilize added or enriched c02. To aid in c02 enrichment a cheap answer increase volume of air exchange to introduce more c02 or add c02 injector to fan and have exhaust fans with a controller to shut off during times of c02 injection. This may help lessen the effects of minor tip burn by plants utilizing more nutrients with added missing elements. Hope this helps some boss.

Y

yobbocrack

Thanks Alb that's all good information and things to consider, with my earlier grows and even now veg is always good for me with no marks on fan leaves and it looking healthy but i would start to get leaf burn about at week 2 of flower and not just because of my nutrient dose but also how i was watering.
Since then my watering has improved and so the coco does not dry out and keeps its EC in the medium in a more stable state for the root zone to stay happy..but with this grow its necessary for me to drop EC level at the end of week 5 other wise the EC will rise to high in the root zone, the flowers you see in the video have put on the majority of its weight it will only slightly gain more weight till harvest i find it works to back off EC now till harvest also i will gradually back off the light intensity as well.

Y

yobbocrack

after this harvest i will start a new thread with weighing the branches it should be fun :)

Top Bottom