How's my leaf tip burn going.

• Thread starter yobbocrack
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

yobbocrack

I don't panic now when i get leaf burn in flower i expect it, its difficult to use 100% coco and complete a grow without any leaf marks.
Having slight leaf burn is ok if its come on gradually without becoming too much..i can tell even with just minor burn that the leaf is still working good it sticks out it not hanging or drooping that's generally a bad sign.
the best part is the drying and curing then smoking it i got the knack of that.

Y

yobbocrack

check out the roots and this is just before lights out and the last few days have been a bit warmer that's why the top of coco is dry.

labomba

labomba

Hey all. I am just finishing my first grow and the plant started showing burned tips and im unsure if its a fuck up or she just started dying out.

For a bit of context i've started her thinking it was an auto (said on the pack) but after 12 weeks in and no flowers i flipped her to 12/12 and she slowly started flowering days after (about 10-12 days ago) but since a couple of days ive started noticind the tips burning off. Shes 14 weeks now and flowering began 2 weeks ago. Isnt it too early for the tip burns?

Shes on coco perlite, under a 300w LED, fed currently +-250ppm cal/mag + 1300ppm GH trio on RO water. Temperatures around 15c-20c (59-68F). She already outgrew the space i had for her since i thought it was an auto.

As said, im a noob and this is my first grow so any tips on how to handle this girl during her final stages would be much appreciated.

Mothman

Mothman

Hey all. I am just finishing my first grow and the plant started showing burned tips and im unsure if its a fuck up or she just started dying out.

For a bit of context i've started her thinking it was an auto (said on the pack) but after 12 weeks in and no flowers i flipped her to 12/12 and she slowly started flowering days after (about 10-12 days ago) but since a couple of days ive started noticind the tips burning off. Shes 14 weeks now and flowering began 2 weeks ago. Isnt it too early for the tip burns?

Shes on coco perlite, under a 300w LED, fed currently +-250ppm cal/mag + 1300ppm GH trio on RO water. Temperatures around 15c-20c (59-68F). She already outgrew the space i had for her since i thought it was an auto.

As said, im a noob and this is my first grow so any tips on how to handle this girl during her final stages would be much appreciated.
Did you raise the light fixture or drop the power a bit when it went to 12/12?

Y

yobbocrack

and flowering began 2 weeks ago. Isnt it too early for the tip burns?
that normal for me if you keep doing things right that burn will only progress very minimally and it looks like you already have the knack of growing :)

Y

yobbocrack

i have noticed more orange pistils with smaller buds sights at mid level compared to the above larger ones at this stage.

labomba

labomba

Did you raise the light fixture or drop the power a bit when it went to 12/12?
Not at all. Pretty much the opposite. I believed 300w led wasn't even enough. The lights still maxed out on 12/12. If anything the plants grew taller and closer to the light. Should I dim my lights a bit?

labomba

labomba

Double checked, i actually got a 250w(samsung lm301h). I got couple lux meters and the top buds were receiving +-40k whilst the lower side ones around 20k. Conversion charts say 600 PAR is +-24k lux from my leds. Is it recommended to lower the lights power any any stage? I was going to run it maxed out until the last three days before the chop

Y

yobbocrack

getting the right height for your lights doesn't have to be complicated a good lux meter works well to start with the height then watch the leaves after that..check out cocoforcannabis for the amount of light needed.

Y

yobbocrack

the bud at the back that fell over looks o.k its actually got taller

Y

yobbocrack

there has been old fan leaves with in the bush that fall off on there own with age but this leaf is surrounded by better looking leaves.

Y

yobbocrack

i now changed lights to 11hrs on and might go to 10hrs after a week i want to speed up the maturity of it too harvest it earlier...so they say.

Y

yobbocrack

It wants to fall over i'm satisfied with this grow but just have to wait till harvest

Y

yobbocrack

i lifted the one on the right with string instead of it laying down i'm surprised its at day 41.

Y

yobbocrack

This is day 42 it seems to want to have a short flowering period they recommend between 50-65 days.

Y

yobbocrack

i generally use the amount of orange pistils when to harvest i know checking trics with a loupe is best but this plant still has some time left to go there is a lot of white pistils there....the bad thing i found about using orange pistils when to harvest is some strains don't produce a lot of orange pistils so if you wait too long for them it could create a problem with a late harvest.

Top Bottom