How's my setup? Any tips for improving it?

• Thread starter CannaDana
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaDana

CannaDana

I bought at 5x10 tent, which was a big move because I have a thing against tents, but whatever. So here's how I outfitted that tent. Is it set up okay? Any improvement ideas?

I have two Growers Choice e-ROI 720 LED lights, connected to the Growers Choice controller. 6" diameter exhaust fan with carbon filter. Two 16" oscillating fans. Outside the tent but in the room affecting the inside of the tent I have a humidifier and a dehumidifier hooked up to a controller to keep humidity at 55%, and a portable heater and portable air conditioner hooked up to a controller to keep the temp at 77F.

Have I done any of this wrong? Am I missing anything? All ideas are more than welcome. 😎

Anthem

Anthem

I bought at 5x10 tent, which was a big move because I have a thing against tents, but whatever. So here's how I outfitted that tent. Is it set up okay? Any improvement ideas?

View attachment 1214778

I have two Growers Choice e-ROI 720 LED lights, connected to the Growers Choice controller. 6" diameter exhaust fan with carbon filter. Two 16" oscillating fans. Outside the tent but in the room affecting the inside of the tent I have a humidifier and a dehumidifier hooked up to a controller to keep humidity at 55%, and a portable heater and portable air conditioner hooked up to a controller to keep the temp at 77F.

Have I done any of this wrong? Am I missing anything? All ideas are more than welcome. 😎
If you have the ability to change out the portable A/C for a window unit or wall unit. With those lights, maybe a 6,000 BTU or 8,000 BTU would do the job. Leaning towards the 8000 BTU. The reason for changing the AC is so you can add CO2 to the room. If you are worried about smell you could add a scrubber Fan and Filter unit outside the tent. Apart from that about the only other thing you can do is going to involve changing grow media and an automatic watering system.

CannaDana

CannaDana

If you have the ability to change out the portable A/C for a window unit or wall unit. With those lights, maybe a 6,000 BTU or 8,000 BTU would do the job. Leaning towards the 8000 BTU. The reason for changing the AC is so you can add CO2 to the room. If you are worried about smell you could add a scrubber Fan and Filter unit outside the tent. Apart from that about the only other thing you can do is going to involve changing grow media and an automatic watering system.
A window AC unit does not exchange air? But this one does? Sorry, I know nothing about air conditioning. I thought the exhaust was just heat, not the air in the room.

Anthem

Anthem

A window AC unit does not exchange air? But this one does? Sorry, I know nothing about air conditioning. I thought the exhaust was just heat, not the air in the room.
A window AC does not exchange air. It draws air into the unit and runs it past a set of coils with condensed coolant in the coils. The process increases the temperature of the coolant, the coolant than compressed and ran thru a set of exterior coils and ran back to the set of coils the air passes thru. No air is exchanged out of the window unit. The portable AC does the same thing but the coils for cooling down the condensed coolant (inside of the portable A/C runs out of the room via a hose.

CannaDana

CannaDana

Looks very nice !😎
I use a LG AC / heat unit that fits in window.
I also have CO2 with Inkbird controller .
When do you plan to flip ?
Thank you, that looks interesting.

I will flip when the plants are another foot tall. I can still raise the lights 2 feet, and they are currently about 30" above canopy, so I think I have the space. Neither of these strains has a big stretch.

simonkay

simonkay

Looks very nice !😎
I use a LG AC / heat unit that fits in window.
I also have CO2 with Inkbird controller .
When do you plan to flip ?
Hi buddy i got a similar lg unit but only 5000btus, im still struggling with controlling humidity (regularly goes over 70 with ac on) im trying just the dehumid setting today, but any advice on making it more effective so i dont have to run it all day? Im currently going to seal the window better today to stop too much outside air coming in.
If i can't control the humidity with the ac i might have to get a dehumidifier but that will cause extra heat in the room so gotta more machines more problems

steamroller

steamroller

The AC does fine for me with RH.
I set my unit at lowest cold setting and full power.
I then control it with an inkbird ITC308 for whatever room temp you want.

Ponky

Ponky

I like keeping the plants from touching the walls of the tent. But I don't have a really good reason. I just think they have less chance to get fungus.

simonkay

simonkay

The AC does fine for me with RH.
I set my unit at lowest cold setting and full power.
I then control it with an inkbird ITC308 for whatever room temp you want.
Just got the inkbird ihc 200 tried it out today and sealed my window alot better the rh is alot more stable🙏, im not sure about one thing though, the window ac naturally gives a bit of negative pressure and i have a four inch extractor on the wall in my room, if i keep it on all the time it will exhaust the cold air and force more humid warmer air in, should i put it on a timer or leave off? Im trying to learn about how important fresh air exchange is, surely if i leave my extractor off it will pull in air gradually to refresh co2 meaning the ac doest fight to cool the room?

Top Bottom