HP#13 and mothership

• Thread starter KAL EL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

SCC

Premium Member
Supporter
Blazed some HP13 grown out doors in full northern cali sun done by another member here at this site and the finished nug was unique but nothing that was so eye popping that it deserves the cult status HP13 gets.

Most of the time clones that are super hoarded are that way so most people don't find out the truth about 'em...they're just average at best...

A lot of hyped strains don't live up to their reputations. Many are old and are not like they once used to be. Mass SS and HP13 are two that come to mind that I have had experience with. Are they still good for breeding? I think so. Can you excactly duplicate each strain? Probably not. Can some of the qualities that made these strains great come thru in seed form, making new killer strains? I think so.

I have to agree with JJ, i can understand why Dusty might not think the HP13 was all that maybe it wasn't the real HP13 or like JJ said it might be tired, just like the original G13 or some of the other elite clones. Back in the Day the G13 was amazing, as was the Super Skunk, but they still provide great genetics to work with. It will take a great breeder with lots of patience and a keen eye to bring the great HP13 back but i'm sure it can be done, could be 7,8,9 generations later but it can be done.

KAL EL

KAL EL

I don't care about the hype, I am trying to find these strains.
Thanks for the help.

J

JeffSpicoli

I think the reason HP13 has so much folklore, cause it was being grown in Hawaii.. Any herb grown outdoors in hawaii is gonna turn out to be the BOMB... Its being grown in the best enviroment, gonna get the best quality... I was in Maui in feb. and was lucky enough to smoke some fine, outdoor grown HP13... And it really does live up to the hype, it definitely can hold its own to any of the chems or og's... A couple times when i smoked it over there, i was tooo ripped, and got some serious anxiety while surfing :P

D

dusty

What I had was definately the real HP13. And it was unique, but lack luster compared to other varieties I have experience with.

J

JeffSpicoli

What I had was definately the real HP13. And it was unique, but lack luster compared to other varieties I have experience with.

you said it was grown outdoors in norcal right??? Well this could be the difference... The hype for HP13, is for the maui grown HP13... Over in Maui HP13, is the OGKUSH of hawaii...
So maybe its thattt much better when grown in the islands

0sWizZle

Highest UV-b ever recorded is known to be ~530 uW/cm^2. At noon in mid summer on top of volcano on Maui, HI. Just over 10k elevation. (thank u Gojo)

Since UVb is known to increase THC I'm pretty sure anything grown outdoors in Hawaii will become next level...

S

SaviourSelf

Howdy Kal!!

HP-13 may be way over hyped, but there are without a doubt unique flavors locked up in the genetics each possibly able to be isolated. The real work hasn't seemed to have been done with her yet, even though being old as hell.
From a Sour P x SSH run i've started to isolate plants that have a cola gummy smell to them. i'm pretty sure this is coming from the HP13 since i had first detected it in the Sour P.
i'm thinking that the sour d added fizz or citric acid and the HP13 the "rootish" base flavor of the cola.
And this is only one aroma/flavor out of at least 10 others locked in the HP13.

Beyond all hype, its a worthy avenue of exploration in terms of flavor and aroma.

S

SaviourSelf

Kal, can't PM you until my membership is approved. i still have things ready for you next time you're around.

Peace Bro!! Glad you're over here!

-sS-

edit: oh maybe i can PM now.......

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

I'm pretty sure all the hype came from the Cannabible. I wouldn't trust Jason King though, there are so many discrepancies in there it's not even funny. Plus, it would seem that his main objective is to find special smelling/tasting strains, rather than caring about quality of high. If you're looking for a unique tasting bud, I'm sure that is it. If you want quality/strength of high, take his words with a grain of salt.

cap 1234

cap 1234

I have the HP13 clone and are currently testing out a (NYC HP13)HP13 X HP#1/Double Dawg crosss that I made.
Where can I get some of these beans.... cap1234 is my name saw these ladies in the high times field guide and really would like to try my hand with this beautiful plant..can you help me

jollycanna

jollycanna

New,Gwan the keeper of the trees...available soon.
Supporter
You didnt smoke real hp13... it's like opium fucked Lsd25, with a great taste and aftertaste. Or to 250iu on top of a good hit of opium... it's a bitch to grow and get right. If you dont grow it right it's just any other bud or worse. It is so unlike most buds out there and the other buds that can touch it are really hard to find people who have those... it breaks the barrier in the mind and it mimics a real drug but without the crash if its organic. No train spotter... super powerful here clear but fucking tripping narco body it's a few notches above 91 chem but similar awesome here and now lifes gonna be fine buds... fucking 2ci x opium or 40mg methadone...from none or the first time ever boom 40 of methadone... at least that was my experience with HP13... so hard to get. I want to smoke it so bad.

Top Bottom