HPS Balast and controller recommendation

• Thread starter Metrix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Metrix

Metrix

Hi guys

I need recommendation for HPS balasts with control system, at the moment i just found the Lumatek system and Gavita, well the lumatek sounds better to me as the Gavita (Gavita, i don't like to have the balast in the tents?

The system should control 14 HPS 400/600W lamps in 7 tents with different zones, we say one zone will be turn on the light 6am till 6pm another zone will turn on the light 6pm to 6am and so on, automatic dimmer for sunrise and sunset, temp control etc.

Is there any another company on the market that provide controller and lamps? In best case Europe market.

I was using for long time LEDs and in fact i don't have any experience with HPS lamps, please advise me for the bulbs as well.

Thanks in advance

Metrix

Metrix

hey welcome to the farm
Thanks, im longer here just never did account, silent reader

Well i just check the spec of the Balast and saw that can't be controlled via external controller, the controller is important part to my setup and my future ideas.

To myself a bit, im living in SEA and runs multiple tents as a big flowering room for 90 plants in NFT hydro, all lamps are LEDs, the climate here are extremely hot with high humidity, but unfortunately im moving back to Europa after 11 years and the idea is to use the HPS lamps heat to heat up my growing location in cold times. Where im moving the summer are very short and still cold, and as first intention to HPS i hope to getting better quality of G.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

You can buy a whole rig bulbs, hood, fan , ballast for like $100 i just got e mailed by them but cant remember the company's name but everyone wants led bc of lack of heat and higher electric bills so mh and hps rigs are dirt cheap, i payed $150 for a 600w 2 cycle viperspectra and spider farmer has board lights for about the same price if growing photoperid plants in the end you will save mony, had my light for 3+ years no problems and im in a 4x4 they now make chip board lights and commercial lights i would go with them but it's your mony.

20201125 170745
20210214 144613
Metrix

Metrix

You can buy a whole rig bulbs, hood, fan , ballast for like $100 i just got e mailed by them but cant remember the company's name but everyone wants led bc of lack of heat and higher electric bills so mh and hps rigs are dirt cheap, i payed $150 for a 600w 2 cycle viperspectra and spider farmer has board lights for about the same price if growing photoperid plants in the end you will save mony, had my light for 3+ years no problems and im in a 4x4 they now make chip board lights and commercial lights i would go with them but it's your mony.
Well i have armada of LEDs that i will not take with me, they will be sold to friend here.
My major idea is to get better quality with HPS and not directly bigger or smaller yield, thats for fhe flowering girls, but im working on seeds replication and there will be HPS better i think (light penetration, coverage), another point is that i will use bigger space in Europe and to heat it up the space will cost me more more.
Theoretically i can use the HPS to keep all tents in good temperature balance.
LEDs helps to lower temperature but not really by electric bills, if i could use here HPS i will do and not LEDs, to my setup of LEDs i still use 8 paar of light raails because more LEDs will make more heat and E. bill.

If im wrong about HPS, please feel free to correct me.

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Well i have armada of LEDs that i will not take with me, they will be sold to friend here.
My major idea is to get better quality with HPS and not directly bigger or smaller yield, thats for fhe flowering girls, but im working on seeds replication and there will be HPS better i think (light penetration, coverage), another point is that i will use bigger space in Europe and to heat it up the space will cost me more more.
Theoretically i can use the HPS to keep all tents in good temperature balance.
LEDs helps to lower temperature but not really by electric bills, if i could use here HPS i will do and not LEDs, to my setup of LEDs i still use 8 paar of light raails because more LEDs will make more heat and E. bill.

If im wrong about HPS, please feel free to correct me.
I have a 600 watt ipower bat wing hps/mh setup id be willing to part with for the low only used for like half a grow till I switched to led if your in the US ill ship it to you for the low lmk

Metrix

Metrix

I have a 600 watt ipower bat wing hps/mh setup id be willing to part with for the low only used for like half a grow till I switched to led if your in the US ill ship it to you for the low lmk
Thanks for the offer, but im looking for whole setup with 14 HPS lamps from one company and in best case with external controller.

Nope at the moment in Asia but next month in EU

TerpiestToker420

TerpiestToker420

Thanks for the offer, but im looking for whole setup with 14 HPS lamps from one company and in best case with external controller.

Nope at the moment in Asia but next month in EU
Copy that buddy just figured id throw it out there good luck finding what ya need ipower seems like a pretty solid brand but may be only us based not sure

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Get the best that money can buy Hi par top shelf lights but 900 hun a light and u can run hPS and metal he and control box is 800 hun and does all the things u said

Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

I run one metal hey in middle and it's a 10 k globe and rest are hps globes look at these globes

20210527 033433
20210527 033344
20210527 033330
20210527 033319
Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

Mine are only on 60 % as main cable has fried out one to many times from e.g. putting the freezer on to make bubble hash lol as it doesn't happen straight away after a few day it does so can't run aircon in day room. Atm till we get line fixed to a 3 phase in this nite room there is 9 plants 9 hi par and 4 600w digi ballast which are 200hun a set 4 weeks coming on Monday nearly half way 👻🚂💯🤟😎🤙😉😜

20210527 034553
20210527 034604
Ghosttrainx

Ghosttrainx

If you want big buds these are what u want if doing a pro grow and not a little led tent job same bud in pics and 7 and half week as they start to mould in centre but I am always on it making sure I atten to their needs

Resized 20200716 185153 10106652986886
Resized 20200716 185212 10178386723411
Metrix

Metrix

I run one metal hey in middle and it's a 10 k globe and rest are hps globes look at these globes
That's exactly what I'm looking for and as usual not in EU, seems like you are very happy with the setup and long term investment, i will search the market if i can find them in EU otherwise i can forget it, Transportation/Tax and warranty service will be issue.
So for now Lumatek and Hi PAR to consider...

Thank you very much for the info and pics

Top Bottom