Wanted Hps bulb help??

• Thread starter Snicklefritz88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Simple question. I have to replace a 400 watt hps bulb. Whats a good brand that has a good spectrum,

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Its a vivosun 400 watt dimmable ballast and wing reflector. OK n the ballast the dimmer goes past 400 to super lumens. Should I only go with a 400 watt bulb. The hortilux looks nice and says enhanced green and yellow spectrum.

P

Petrochemical

Supporter
I loved my setup ....dirtbags description is spot on and quite studied......those sun agros were a quiet slayer for a minute. Parabolic reflectors man oh man I miss the height of hid growing
600 kooltubes
400 6000k parabolic
Yar bar baby
IMG 20210818 055212 812

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I loved my setup ....dirtbags description is spot on and quite studied......those sun agros were a quiet slayer for a minute. Parabolic reflectors man oh man I miss the height of hid growing
600 kooltubes
400 6000k parabolic
Yar bar baby
View attachment 1219019
Yeah man HIDs are still nice I just wish I would have got an air-cooled hood and I may have never even went LED. But I had got the wing reflector and dealt with heat issues ended up getting an LED and saw how good it did no I think I'm sold on LEDs

SSgrower

SSgrower

My grow mentor uses HPS and he just bought a new 1000w with a hood, I just bought a Philzon 450w LED bar style to increase my yield. I've never used HPS, but I might one day,SS

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I don't know if I said this earlier in this thread but my last girl I got half a pound off of one bag seed under a 400 watt MH/HPS Wing reflector. I can just imagine the yields I would pull off if it was air cool then I could have got it closer to my canopy. I bet I could get a pound off of one plant under a 600 w HPS easily. But right now my 300 watt LED seems to be outperforming my 400 watt hid but there's a lot of variables one plants a week older they're both on different nutrient lines both in different soil so.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

To be honest In my opinion using both LED and HID at the same time is best. Or during flowering using HPS and MH together like a 600w HPS and a 250w MH at the same time. Ed rosenthal's book says some growers switch back to metal halide in the last 2 weeks of flowering for resin production and density.

Latest posts

Top Bottom