HPS Glass Shield - Leave it or Remove it?

• Thread starter ROweed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ROweed

Hello farmers,

I am using a 400w HPS with a reflector and a glass shield that encases the light. Is this piece of glass stealing light? Would I be better off without it?

Cort

Cort

Yes, it does drop your lumens a hair. If you dont need to keep the glass as part of your cooling system removal is fine.

G

Gartner

Glass shield for marijuana growing

If we are Using glass shield, then it has to be taken more care, shield can be used while germination to maintain the temperature, also you have to check the humidity and temperature inside the shield..

J

Jsän

tests done with a light meter and several different hoods show that the glass panel eats about 2% of total lumen output.

As Court said, if you dont need it to keep your light cool you can remove it.
But IMHO that 2% is an easy trade. The glass blocks a lot of the radiant heat from the bulb and protects the bulb from accidents. nothing worse than broken bulb all over your sticky icky.

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Like they said if you dnt need the glass remove it that's why the adjust a wings are so bad ass and the fact they throw down a shit ton of light I have 4 of them in my 4k garden and the light spread is ridicules they throw down so much light unwound recommend them to any one i think there the best reflector hands down and I dnt plan on using any thing else

Top Bottom