hps illegal for 2012?

• Thread starter DetourAhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DetourAhead

heard thriough grapevine high pressure sodiums are gouing illegal?read on the net that they are making the 100 watt bulbs illegal.kinda interested , heard it from a dro store owner .any one heard the same?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I do remember a story that was saying that after a certain point NO incandescent bulbs were going to be made, but for some reason I had the impression that it was going to be limited to household bulbs.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i highley doubt they can make the larger watt bulbs illegal think about all the parking lots and streetlights they would have to find replacments for. what other kinda bulb would they use to put out that much light?

budboy299

budboy299

I can see 100 watt incandescent bulbs eventually being stopped due to huge wastes of electricity, and cfls can easly substitute with huge electricity savings, but HPS is extremely efficient and no real substitutes exist right now. There are tons of industrial complexes near me and all use high bay MH or HPS. Pretty tough to light a warehouse that is 25 feet tall with anything else.

also.....MJ is illegal for most of us, yet it is easy to come by. HPS would simply be the same...mail order from china or wherever.

T

trusmoker

there wont be illegal bro the just stop making as many or stop advertising them so people move on to cheaper power option
peace ts

S

swisscheese

They'll just raise the price. Any excuse to raise the price especially since there's a large growing demand for hps as more farmers come online everyday in medical states.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I do remember a story that was saying that after a certain point NO incandescent bulbs were going to be made, but for some reason I had the impression that it was going to be limited to household bulbs.

This was my understanding as well.

fred

osidecannabis

osidecannabis

i heard from my sisters friends cousin, who works at 7-11, overheard a janitor who works at "THE MAN'S" office, saw..... that he got fries with that, what was the question again?

J

justwannablaze

True info for the unknown.. they ARE outlawing incandescent bulbs they will be off the market by 2014 or close. They will be working their way down the watts.. 120-100-75 etc.. till their all gone.. but from what I know that ONLY includes regular house light bulbs.

B

bobby-o

this is the problem with the people in this country now a days no one reads they rush...First of all this law was proposed in dec 2007 almost 4 years ago, second they are only proposing to outlaw 100w bulbs by 2012 and 40 watt bulbs by 2014.

You really think Philips and Sylvania dont have lobbyist to pay to prevent this from happening. Get real people and do your HW.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It's not as though light bulbs are being outlawed, it's incandescents. Last time I checked, Philips and Sylvania (and GE and Lights of America and all kinds of manu's) are also making fluoros, CFL and the like.

I wonder why the focus on 100 & 40 watts. What about 60s? 75s? What about 50/100/150????

convex

convex

T12's will be phased out before HID.
T5's are still waiting to be a standard fixture

Cheers

Top Bottom