hps/mh conversio bulbs is it worth the money

• Thread starter stonedmaniac
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stonedmaniac

hello fellow growers i was just wondering what everyones take is on growing with a hps/mh conversion bulb is it worth my money will it realy make that much differance in the vegative stage (i`am useing a 600 watt digital galaxy ballast with a coolsun reflector the ballast will operate both hps and mh bulbs but they dont make a 600 watt mh bulb so i guess my only option is to buy a conversion bulb but is it worth the extra money for the bulb thats the question. any and all advise is wellcome.

S

Sunshinegrower

I don't think so as I have seen people use them without any good results. I would buy a ballast for your veg only and don't go cheap on the bulb because that'll make a big diff.

S

stonedmaniac

thanks but if i`am going to buy a seperate ballast for a mh bulb i think i would be spending alot more than just for a conversion bulb dont you think.

Dynamite

Dynamite

For vegging plants,an initial veg with T5's will build the best plant structure hands down if you like multiple headed plants with monster branching structures and tight nodes..

then move them under your HPS for the last part of veg

do not waste your money on a MH bulb ,they make good heaters and shop lights ,not good grow lights

I've vegged side by side multiple times using MH vs HPS ,and MJ plants like HPS's better from my experience

MH's are no longer welcome in my grow room

even with no T5 at all ,rooted clones straight under HPS's start to finish perform GREAT!

S

stonedmaniac

thanks was wondering when someone would step up and give a definate answer so mh conversions bulbs are junk after all just as i thought thanks for advise all who answered.

S

seabass212

hey i have an idea for you. why dont you buy a switchable ballast and a mh and hps bulb. That way all you have to do is switch out your bulb, rather then buying to ballast.
Just an idea.

i veg with the mh. they seem to not stretch so much and look happier. just my opinion.

S

stonedmaniac

umm if you read my post at the top i believe i said i will be using a 600 watt digital galaxy ballast that opperates both hps and mh bulb the question was whether a conversion bulb was worth it. i.e. because there are some growers that say you will not see a difference between mh and hps while vegging,but just found out that they make a bulb that is a hybrid of both and i think i will try it out.

ncga

ncga

go with the new 600 watt MH bulbs, or you can overdrive a 400MH

400 Watt MH 400 watt setting Digital ballast 11.1 lumens
400 Watt MH 600 watt setting 15.3 lumens
600 Watt MH 600 watt setting 19.8 lumens

nc

budboy299

budboy299

Hi StonedManiac,

You will not need a conversion bulb because your ballast will run either HPS or MH.
The MH conversion bulb is only so you can run it in a magnetic HPS ballast.

I occasionally run either one in my digital...either regular MH or HPS

Latest posts

Top Bottom