Hps Vs Cmh Vs Led

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Toaster79

Toaster79

It would be fun to see a side by side in three separate rooms. Since you're already using less power and less nutes on the led/cmh side, it would also be interesting to see if there are any differences in power consumption of AC. Like annual costs for each system. Add the bulbs to be exchanged regularly with cmh/hps compared to initial costs with led setup. Draw a line after a 5 year run.

H

heisen

Pot is not sold by units of volume its by weight. If it was based on volume everyone wud be growing the biggest, fluffiest buds possible.
The weight on the 630watt cmh compared to the 600 HPS was about 8 ounces over.you think I dont know this stuff?i know when one light outperforms another.be like you saying there is no comparison between a 400 w HPS and 1000 when clearly you will be able to see the difference.
I get it man you like hps.but compared to cobs there is none I did a friendly comparison.this wasnt done in a lab with seperate rooms etc etc.
But if you want to look at par numbers on hps compared to led and cmh they are widely available.on a per watt basis there is no comparison

G gnome

G gnome

20180617 060143
20180617 060137
20180617 060131

Each row in the pix is 6ft x 12ft.

H

heisen

Ok. 4x5. 4ft x 5ft =20sqft. 700w ÷ 20sqft=35w per sqft.
W my de1000w i am covering 36sqft (6ft x 6ft). 1000w ÷ 36sqft = 27.7 w per sqft.
So, i am actually able to cover more sqft w less watts (from the wall)
Come on man really,your telling me the outside footprint is actually giving you the same as the center footprint and 6x6 on a de with no overlap is fantasy land

H

heisen

Ive looked into switching over to led extensively for the purposes of saving on electric and have come to the conclusion that i wud actually have to use more watts from the wall to cover the same amount of sqft
Bot when the last 2 feet of your footprint is in the shadows.get one 4x5 cob setup and you will single handedly fall in love with that technology.
There are different configurations for the way you light them.i chose to use 35 watts a square foot but that 35 goes a long ways.i cannot really explain it but the differences in growth and bulk is unreal.you get stacked colas from top down into and below the scrog.the first time I used them I noticed a difference right away.
I highly suggest you get enough for a 4x5 and just try them and see how much weight u pull.
Buds under cobs are far from fluffy lol.trust me on that

G gnome

G gnome

Come on man really,your telling me the outside footprint is actually giving you the same as the center footprint and 6x6 on a de with no overlap is fantasy land
Im not entirely sure what ur asking/saying...? If ur asking if i think my light intensity is the same directly under the light as it is on the outskirts of the light then my answer is no i do not think so at all.

Ive already proven (mathematically) that i can cover a larger spread w less watts w a 1k de. So, now the argument/discussion wud naturally evolve into a question of gpw. So let me ask u, what r u averaging gpw?

H

heisen

Im not entirely sure what ur asking/saying...? If ur asking if i think my light intensity is the same directly under the light as it is on the outskirts of the light then my answer is no i do not think so at all.

Ive already proven (mathematically) that i can cover a larger spread w less watts w a 1k de. So, now the argument/discussion wud naturally evolve into a question of gpw. So let me ask u, what r u averaging gpw?
You cant just make up a footprint cause you say so.i can make my footprint a 6x6 under cobs by spreading out the heat sinks so your math didnt prove anything.there is no denying that led flat out produces more uol per watt.that is just a flat out fact.a significant increase.
But to say your footprint is bigger than mine just cause you want it to be dont mean anything.your de is around 1200 watts to be fair.im telling you I have ran hPS and cobs and cmh and think the cobs produce better.i can put a 1000w single ended 10 feet up in a 10x10 but that doesnt mean that's its footprint.
Until you at least try them this argument is dead in the water.

Top Bottom