G gnome

Toaster79

Toaster79

ur asking the wrong questions....u shud be askin me what my secret is haha

Unicorn farts

I know all your secrets

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Man I’m mad I had to work thru all of this. Seemed fun! Hahah. I think the answer came down to it depends on your situation. Gotta have the head space for gavitas. I don’t think SE hps should be in the conversation with anything. Those 1k de cmh seem to be legit tho! I think a mix of de cmh and de hps would kill it.

I’ve never ran led or cmh so I won’t comment on what I junk is better because I don’t know. But I do know the difference in a de hps and a se hps is huge. Spectrum, penetration, and coverage. Also they don’t run on 1150 watt unless you set it too. I run mine at 100% which is 1k. You can set the gavita controller to 115% but I use it on 100%. Still need to play with the 115% more and see if it’s worth it

sixstring

sixstring

Man I’m mad I had to work thru all of this. Seemed fun! Hahah. I think the answer came down to it depends on your situation. Gotta have the head space for gavitas. I don’t think SE hps should be in the conversation with anything. Those 1k de cmh seem to be legit tho! I think a mix of de cmh and de hps would kill it.

I’ve never ran led or cmh so I won’t comment on what I junk is better because I don’t know. But I do know the difference in a de hps and a se hps is huge. Spectrum, penetration, and coverage. Also they don’t run on 1150 watt unless you set it too. I run mine at 100% which is 1k. You can set the gavita controller to 115% but I use it on 100%. Still need to play with the 115% more and see if it’s worth it
You ever put a meter on a de set at 1kw you will see it's pulling well over what the lamp puts out,even new.its maybe 1100w new and cold .6 months in and Midway through the day it's pulling alot more than 1kw at the wall.its the ballast efficiency and power loss factor.

Limonene

Limonene

AF7E014C F958 43B4 BB5A C395DC30AA57
Great thread! I wasn’t sure about cmh lights as I purchased some maxibrights that had a poor footprint and below acceptable PAR. Sold those and invested in some solistek hps and cmh and a controller. The solistek cmh are a totally different beast. Here is a gg4 grown by a friend who I persuaded to buy a single 315cmh as I knew he’d have height and heat issues. It’s a monster and with 2 weeks left to go I’m guessing will produce a very healthy yield and I’ve found previously cmh defintely has a good edge on hps in terms of quality, look and smell. The plant above does have other lights in proximity but it’s only direct light was a 315. I’ve defintely found some strains flourish under cmh and some just do ok.

Toaster79

Toaster79

You ever put a meter on a de set at 1kw you will see it's pulling well over what the lamp puts out,even new.its maybe 1100w new and cold .6 months in and Midway through the day it's pulling alot more than 1kw at the wall.its the ballast efficiency and power loss factor.

Exactly! Add the lamp degradation from the second you fire it up and it adds up pretty quickly.

Toaster79

Toaster79

View attachment 809599 Great thread! I wasn’t sure about cmh lights as I purchased some maxibrights that had a poor footprint and below acceptable PAR. Sold those and invested in some solistek hps and cmh and a controller. The solistek cmh are a totally different beast. Here is a gg4 grown by a friend who I persuaded to buy a single 315cmh as I knew he’d have height and heat issues. It’s a monster and with 2 weeks left to go I’m guessing will produce a very healthy yield and I’ve found previously cmh defintely has a good edge on hps in terms of quality, look and smell. The plant above does have other lights in proximity but it’s only direct light was a 315. I’ve defintely found some strains flourish under cmh and some just do ok.

Fucking A! That's a gpw plant!

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Got ya. So when my gavita controller bounces from 998 watts to 1003 watts at 100% it’s actually pulling more at the wall? And if I set it at 115% will it pull even more at the wall? Or stay around the same but put out. More at the lamp? Serious question

K

kansabis

Drivers/ballast always pull more from the wall than they provide due to efficiency factor,the rest is wasted as heat,this is also a big factor in the difference of hps/cmh bulbs and led's. In short at 115% yes it's pulling even more from wall and may even be wasting more than at 100%

Top Bottom