Hps Vs Cmh Vs Led

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

Also sorry for blowing up your spot. I only put this here because I’ve been following this for some time. It’s an honour to meet you sir. I’m hooked for life man.. I’m currently setting up a proper space now for next round.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

thanks! Can’t wait for the results. I m wondering most about the taste and the hi from the LED s compared to CMH and ahem hps () I’m finding it hard to cope with hps being a thing of the past.

H

heisen

The final weights were the Cob side pulled 8 ounces more.It was right around 30 ounces total on the 4 plants on the end under the cobs,
The 4 that were under the CMH including the one that was sick from the crown issues so that's 5 plants under the CMH and was right around 22 ounces total.This was the final dry weight in the jars cured and finished out.
My final conclusion is that the cobs out did the CMH cause there were more points of light.The outside colas were as big as the inside colas.So around 700 watts of COBS produced 8 ounces more than the 630 watts of CMH.After having blown bulb issues and what not this was the final conclusion.

Ill be running another comparison here in a couple weeks using 1000W CMH double ended VS 750 Watts of COBS
2 strains (3 of each ) under each light to get a comparison
6 wedding cake and 6 gorilla glue 4.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

The final weights were the Cob side pulled 8 ounces more.It was right around 30 ounces total,..
Ill be running another comparison here in a couple weeks using 1000W CMH double ended VS 750 Watts of COBS
Awesome man, thank you so much for doing that and can't wait for the next one!! I've just ditched my 630w de lumacrap cmh, lol, I got a 1000w de remote dimmable CMH kit to test out. I'm also looking at new cob led lighting for stadiums as an alternative, as the units are robust and come in huge wattages, plug and play. Provided I can find or have them made the right colour temp.. The units I've been looking at are 1000w and designed to replace and retro fit old 2kw+ hid stadium lighting. The figures would suggest that they're far superior to the hid higher par for half the energy on the data I saw (?). What are your thoughts on this? It would seem from Your last run that led does now have the edge over cmh. Speaking to a large agricultural producer recently, who I agree with, the only thing letting cob led down vs CMH at present is the ease of which lamps can be changed either when broken or to change colour temp/spectrum. With cmh its an easy task, little knowledge or training required, little down time. For commercial/industrial applications and any large numbers of units, or also for idiots like me who have no idea how stuff works and just want to plug it in, I can see how this is a benefit and prob the only advantage over cobs right now?? If you could give me an opinion about the cob units I've been looking at that would be very helpful, as I have no idea when it comes to led, lol. It's all Meanwell drivers and ip6 or something, and tbh i have no if that's good or even what it means, lol. I can send the links, if you have time. :)

H

heisen

Awesome man, thank you so much for doing that and can't wait for the next one!! I've just ditched my 630w de lumacrap cmh, lol, I got a 1000w de remote dimmable CMH kit to test out. I'm also looking at new cob led lighting for stadiums as an alternative, as the units are robust and come in huge wattages, plug and play. Provided I can find or have them made the right colour temp.. The units I've been looking at are 1000w and designed to replace and retro fit old 2kw+ hid stadium lighting. The figures would suggest that they're far superior to the hid higher par for half the energy on the data I saw (?). What are your thoughts on this? It would seem from Your last run that led does now have the edge over cmh. Speaking to a large agricultural producer recently, who I agree with, the only thing letting cob led down vs CMH at present is the ease of which lamps can be changed either when broken or to change colour temp/spectrum. With cmh its an easy task, little knowledge or training required, little down time. For commercial/industrial applications and any large numbers of units, or also for idiots like me who have no idea how stuff works and just want to plug it in, I can see how this is a benefit and prob the only advantage over cobs right now?? If you could give me an opinion about the cob units I've been looking at that would be very helpful, as I have no idea when it comes to led, lol. It's all Meanwell drivers and ip6 or something, and tbh i have no if that's good or even what it means, lol. I can send the links, if you have time. :)
A DIY setup will knock the dick off any premade fixture you can buy.

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

A DIY setup will knock the dick off any premade fixture you can buy.
That's what i was initially led to believe, but then I saw the units I mentioned. They're made for industrial applications. Not horticulture, they would need tweaking as in colour temps. compared to the diy stuff I've seen they look much more robust, weather proof etc. I have no idea when it comes to spec on led and certainly wouldn't have a clue about a diy led build. (and I also don't want another hobby!lol) So as a plug and play type unit, could you have a look if I sent you a cpl links, just give an honest opinion, please?

KingOfUranus

KingOfUranus

Led is all about coverage.multiple light points for a bigger footprint.alot of led manufacturers build lights for easy shipping.
Ok, thanks man. The ones I've been looking at are designed to go outdoors on 30ft High masts to create a daylight effect. I just reasoned that if lower the unit 23ft I'd get a extremely good level of par (?). Idk bro,. I was happy with cmh til you started this thread :cry: lol.

Medigrow

Medigrow

@heisenbubble , a big thank you for this VS battle! I ran some leds over aquarium before and well.. Got burned about the led thing.. Now converting to medical stuff...I was heading for HPS, then the store's guy talked to me about CMH and now I see that COB thing.. Holy cr!

I think I'm gonna order some cob! So much stuff to learn!

Again, thumb's up for your precious time, I know it is time consuming doing all this!

Thank you! :)

Medigrow

Medigrow

@heisenbubble , do you have any DIY video about the COB setup? :D I think I will try both... CMH vs COB... but.. damn your results are so convincing to go 100% COB!

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
The final weights were the Cob side pulled 8 ounces more.It was right around 30 ounces total on the 4 plants on the end under the cobs,
The 4 that were under the CMH including the one that was sick from the crown issues so that's 5 plants under the CMH and was right around 22 ounces total.This was the final dry weight in the jars cured and finished out.
My final conclusion is that the cobs out did the CMH cause there were more points of light.The outside colas were as big as the inside colas.So around 700 watts of COBS produced 8 ounces more than the 630 watts of CMH.After having blown bulb issues and what not this was the final conclusion.

thank you for your dedication and the work you put in on this. Spreading the knowledge and love. Right on !!!!!!

Medigrow

Medigrow

@heisenbubble , I will try to build a first area of 60x120 inches. Planning to add 40 cob over it. You used 15 on a 4x5, which is 20 sq ft... so 1.33 sqft by cob. I would need 4 x 10 COB. I don't know yet how much wattage it will be but well.. Could be interesting to compare. How much does it draws for 15 cob? I will try to see if I can get 1000 cmh here to put on another 60x120 area.

Medigrow

Medigrow

Just reread the entire thread... 750 watts for 15 cobs, 50watts/cob... Is 40 cob too much for 60x120 area? I would need 2 1000watts CMH to cover this area.... but again, issue with the ceiling. What is the minimum distance between 1000w cmh and the top of the canopy?

Are you starting the new VS soon? =)

Medigrow

Medigrow

@heisenbubble , what would you say about king spectrum sk602 vs vero29?

H

heisen

Just reread the entire thread... 750 watts for 15 cobs, 50watts/cob... Is 40 cob too much for 60x120 area? I would need 2 1000watts CMH to cover this area.... but again, issue with the ceiling. What is the minimum distance between 1000w cmh and the top of the canopy?

Are you starting the new VS soon? =)
its already started lol.sorry I havnt answered your questions.i been super busy

Top Bottom