• Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Put up the trellis on both sides,going to flip them in 4 days

20180509 180152

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

Not a question just gonna do a comparison of them all.Been wanting to do this for a while.I built a new building and the Flower room is complete so I'm getting everything set up.Running all clones.Ill mix up the clones under each light setup to see the differences if any and the lights im using is as close as i can get it for wattage.The HPS are 1000 Watt single ended which is probably close to a 750 to 800 DE so they will be 1000W
The CMH will be 630 watts,2 315'sand the LED is 750 watts of COBS.15 cobs total.

Each will be setup over a 4x5 in DWC so no mix ups in nutrients or lockouts.The lights will be the only factor that separates them.Gonna do a 5 week VEG and than flip.ill be running CO2 also.
One of the hoods im gonna run a Metal Halide 5000K 1000W bulb and the other 1000W HPS bulb.Just to see if running an HPS from the beginning or the HID will make any difference.After I switch to flower ill put the HPS in the hood and run both HPS from there out.
I know the wattages are not all identical but feel they are pretty close comparisons for what people prefer for 1000W equivalent setups.
I can already tell you this much.The 500 watts of COB Led is the brightest shit over the totes right now.
Another thing i have a LUX meter app and the 600W MH is getting owned by the 315 CMH.
i can put the meter under the MH and get readings from 25,000 to 42,000
Under the CMH with half the wattages im getting from 26,000 to 60,000.I always try and get over 28,000 to 45,000 for these size plants and on through the grow seems to be the sweet spot.
So without further due ill get this thing started.Ill keep it updated and post final weight results and grams per watts ETC .

View attachment 794134

View attachment 794135

View attachment 794136

Kinda vague ... which CoBs and which drivers?

H

heisen

Well after 3 weeks I have some side by side results.
Honestly the cobs are killing everything in the grow room now.
I flipped them today so there on 12 12 now.i will tally up the final results when they get cut but it's obvious the cobs are killing it.the HPS and MH are behind the cmh and cobs.
Even though I'm feeding less ppm on the cob and cmh side the HPS side is not keeping up with the growth on the cobs.
I've noticed the cob growth is just alot fuller and bushier.just more weight in vegatave growth without a doubt.
Here's the pics to see for yourself.
CMH on left,cobs on right.
All are clones in the same exact system
20180512 000207

Cmh
20180512 000136

Cobs

20180512 000144

Regular MH and HPS about the same but not as good as the cmh or cobs.
Both of these are 1000 watters

20180512 000350

I ran the cobs last time and was crazy impressed with how much weight I pulled on them.
I'm not particularly favoring one or the other for this comparison because I still love CMH but single ended Hps is dead IMO.
Also theres no glass in the hoods and they still cant compete.
I'm sure DE would be better but that would defeat the purpose of efficiency.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Why do my plants require the exact opposite as what you are experiencing? My DE HPS requires less nutrient levels then my ones under LEDs ? And a slightly different nutrient profile also or I see deficiencies showing under the LEDs.

H

heisen

Why do my plants require the exact opposite as what you are experiencing? My DE HPS requires less nutrient levels then my ones under LEDs ? And a slightly different nutrient profile also or I see deficiencies showing under the LEDs.
Thats a good question.Im gonna order a 945W CMH tomorrow to hang over that end and dim it to 850 and compare the results to the COBS.Ive run alot of lights but the COBS are just really putting on the growth.The plants just look really healthy and fuller

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Because when you broaden your light spectrum and hit photosystem 1 and 2 harder you speed up cycle rates. Photosystem 2 is where chlorophyll A and a good portion of chlorophyll B is.
Ps. I would never use hps alone beause thats not a good comparison to anything new...led cmh stuff.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Because when you broaden your light spectrum and hit photosystem 1 and 2 harder you speed up cycle rates. Photosystem 2 is where chlorophyll A and a good portion of chlorophyll B is.
Ps. I would never use hps alone beause thats not a good comparison to anything new...led cmh stuff.

DE HPS is not fairly new tech? CMH is older tech then DE HPS. I ran 330 and 400 CMHs 10 years ago.
And I can run the same nutrient profile on my outdoor plants as my indoors without problems, they just have to be fed more often but I can attribute that to plant size alone.

sixstring

sixstring

I ordered the nanolux 1000w cmh tonight.im gonna pull those 2 315s and put up the nanolux for flower.prob dim it to 800 and let them battle it out.
I still feel like cobs are gonna pull ahead.they are just bright and so spread out.
you know dimming cmh is hard on the bulbs and totally changes its spectrum right ? im against changing shit halfway through a comparison grow,its almost as bad as say adding 200w of cobs had they been lacking. yeah its your grow,do what ya gotta do but its losing statistics with each change.750w gavita hits 2.0 umol/j so super efficient for a hps,just wanted to put that here with all the other info.so far everything looks great.

H

heisen

you know dimming cmh is hard on the bulbs and totally changes its spectrum right ? im against changing shit halfway through a comparison grow,its almost as bad as say adding 200w of cobs had they been lacking. yeah its your grow,do what ya gotta do but its losing statistics with each change.750w gavita hits 2.0 umol/j so super efficient for a hps,just wanted to put that here with all the other info.so far everything looks great.
Yeah I'm gonna do it again in a part 2 but it's still CMH and will be around the same wattage.instead of 2 315s it will be 1 double ended cmh.i suppose I could wait on the next comparison and compare a 1000w cmh to the cobbs which will prob be better.thanks for the feedback

P

PharmHand

At 4x8 for a 750, you are stretching that footprint quite a lot, I think gavita recommends 4x3 or something like that. So it likely is the intensity driving nutrient assimilation, my corner plants always look slightly overfed too( less cross lighting). What led are you using? Do u k ow what the kelvin rating is for it? I’m just curious. And which nutrients do you find it uses more or less of under the led?

H

heisen

At 4x8 for a 750, you are stretching that footprint quite a lot, I think gavita recommends 4x3 or something like that. So it likely is the intensity driving nutrient assimilation, my corner plants always look slightly overfed too( less cross lighting). What led are you using? Do u k ow what the kelvin rating is for it? I’m just curious. And which nutrients do you find it uses more or less of under the led?
I'm in a 4x5 for cobs and 4x5 on the cmh

P

PharmHand

I'm in a 4x5 for cobs and 4x5 on the cmh
He was saying his 750de was covering 4x8 and his de HPS uses less nutes than led. I recently setup an all cmh 630 room, lights are on approximately 4’ centers. Under 1k gavita I start about 900 and taper down to 600(1.2ec) as flower progresses. With the cmh I started out at the usual 900ppm in fresh coco. Initially my runoff was coming out at 700 or so so I kept it up. Got busy didn’t check runoff for awhile.... By the 3rd week runoff was coming out at 1500 so I’ve been pissing them hard with 5-700,got it back down under 1k. But now at 5 weeks it seems like they only want 500 or less showing slight toxicities. Mostly N tox actually. Been reading lots trying to figure it out and found guys saying cmh does use less nutes, running 500ppm or less. And now you confirm it as well, just got me thinking. Is the ph coming out any different under the different lights @heisenbubble ? That would indicate different mineral uptake

Latest posts

Top Bottom