• Thread starter Zen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighBreed

Ive got a 4kw mix spectrum room.
2 hps and 2 mh crossed.
In between a MH and HPS sits an untopped
DJ Shorts personal Blueberry Indica mother.
The side with the MH is purple while the other is green.
On the HPS side the calyx's are a little fatter but less frosty.
Its interesting to see half a plant purple and the other stay green.
Under the other MH is another BB Indica mom by herself.
Purpling coming on strong.

Just an observation.

sdgrower

sdgrower

Yes lumens mean nothing to plants..but PAR don't mean everything either when you flower..

If I just vegged plants then I would care only about PAR watts.
And even then I would do comparison tests to make up my mind on a bulb. Its the only way to know the truth in practice.

Anyway the point is plants need different light for different stages and RAR watts don't represent the truth when it comes to flowering cannabis and yields.

Having a higher PAR value (in the appropriate spectrum for cannabis growing) does apply to flowering plants. For example, resin production increases with the addition of light in the UV spectrum.
The point is, based on my experiences/grows, a balanced spectrum of light provides a better finished product than buds produced under hps only lighting.
I have run several grows under cmh's and while the yield may be lower the overall quality of the yield is superior. The difference in yield is imo negligible.

Cheers!
:animbong:

sdgrower

sdgrower

Just checked out your Sweetstone pics Highbreed.

Very NICE!

Cheers!

:animbong:

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I use MH for a whole table (4k and 6400K) and they seem to love it. Sunpulse 600 Lamps amd Have had wonderful results with them. On the other table 2 hps's and the MH plants Def look better.

G

Gizmoe

There are several theorys and of course everyone wants to believe that his method or a new method never tried may be or is better than the current......bottom line .......its a matter of science and if you understand or learn to understand such one side terms as nanometers/band lengths/wave leghts/color spectrums/optimal distances/so on and so on and so on etc. you will find that the enhanced HPS bulbs with blue spectrums that are on the market with out perform any 1 MH bulb but if you start changing the Kelvin ranges with MH bulbs you can mimic the HPS blue spec bulbs but that involves buying 2 bulbs at least to cover what 1 bulb would do just as well.......imo for what its worth you would be better off with going the 1 bulb route.

T

TheMadHatter

The Hortilux blue bulbs don't work with the Lumetek ballast I'm told they burn out right away most of the time. So I'm Still using Hortlilux HPS for flower.

T

TheMadHatter

Any Insight to why Galaxy is better? I just got 12 Lumetek Ballasts but for my next setup I may switch.

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

Any Insight to why Galaxy is better? I just got 12 Lumetek Ballasts but for my next setup I may switch.

1st more options, 110/208/240, the lumetek only comes in either 110 or 240, cant have both.

2nd heard bad things about the lumeteks reliability.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
There are several theorys and of course everyone wants to believe that his method or a new method never tried may be or is better than the current......bottom line .......its a matter of science and if you understand or learn to understand such one side terms as nanometers/band lengths/wave leghts/color spectrums/optimal distances/so on and so on and so on etc. you will find that the enhanced HPS bulbs with blue spectrums that are on the market with out perform any 1 MH bulb but if you start changing the Kelvin ranges with MH bulbs you can mimic the HPS blue spec bulbs but that involves buying 2 bulbs at least to cover what 1 bulb would do just as well.......imo for what its worth you would be better off with going the 1 bulb route.

I like all your talk about science and then you say 1 bulb is better then 2. Thats funny. Science behind all of its great and all but I look at sheer numbers and quality. If I was going for strait yield that would be a different story. That why i continue using MH's. Hell I got them going side by side right now. I would love to use a Hortilux but they dont work with Digis so when Hortilux gets off thier ass and fixes the problems then I might consider it. To each their own. :smiley_joint: Plus MH's are already in the blue spectrum. I would love to see the horti go against a life light bulb.

R

Ronin

I use a blue enhanced HPS with supplemental blue CFL's. I am happy with the results.

0sWizZle

Flowering with those Hortilux Blue is not a good idea.....your yield is gonna be half ...and u dont need all that blue during flowering ...why does everyone want to try and debunk a proven method with thousands of documented grows?

I've used every bulb from the MH's...CMH....UV Bulbs...10k Bulbs...and etc....

T5's are the best for Veg ....and HPS is the true proven champ for flowering

if u guys wanna take ur knowledge to the next level...i recommend searching on the net for a dude named "gojo" his threads about lights..PAR...Lumens...and just about anything weed related etc..its mind boggling...

but yeah..HPS HPS HPS...any of u breeders disagree? dont all these stats in regards to ur strains...from taste..potency...yield...werent these all from the results of HPS :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom