HPS yield expectancy? Pros n cons

• Thread starter frequentfleyer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
frequentfleyer

frequentfleyer

recently bought two twin 150 watt sunsystem hps lights gonna run them in 3x3x72 & was just wondering what type of yield expectancy out of hps I usually run LED

growsince79

growsince79

I always figure one oz/sqft is a success. 2oz/sqft is a home run. Same as led but uses more power.

frequentfleyer

frequentfleyer

I always figure one oz/sqft is a success. 2oz/sqft is a home run. Same as led but uses more power.

That’s what I was guessing, don’t forget to mention quality leds should produce that lol!! &
Slightly under powered. 400w would work better in that space.

I agree which is why I’m just gonna run 1 plant in 3gal & see what she will do. I was hoping to score a 2x2x72 but flu has everyone becoming a home grower so tents are scarce rn. Local hydro shop has. 315 watt sunsystem I may take one of my 150s back n pay the difference that would put me at 465 with HVAC I should be fine. Sorry chatty Kathy sativa make me talkative

Itsme7576

Itsme7576

Wow I thought I done good getting 1/2 pound in a 4x4 with three plants but I see here I have a lot to learn.lol

growsince79

growsince79

Wow I thought I done good getting 1/2 pound in a 4x4 with three plants but I see here I have a lot to learn.lol
Yield depends on strain and environment. For good yields you need the right genetics and a strong light, whether its hps or led doesn't matter as long as temp/rh is good.

frequentfleyer

frequentfleyer

The bulb will screw in yes.

The ballast will have to match the watts
The bulb type matches & the watts just don’t wanna fry the fixture. But then I got too thinking how does the fixture know if the light is hps or mh it’s simply looking for the 150Watt connection right?

frequentfleyer

frequentfleyer

Pretty sure they still use different ballasts. You would need a conversion bulb, unless its new tech idk about.
I couldn’t locate a 150W conversion bulb sadly o could find one in 250 & above. The new tech apparently combined mh &hps together

frequentfleyer

frequentfleyer

what’s up my farmer folkss! Here she is my first hps grow 150watt.. 3 gal flip to 5 gallon
She’s chunky I’m shooting for gram per watt fingers crossed.. question of the night is she’s mostly milky on the trichomes should I be closing in harvest or should I try n extend until I see a few Amber trichs
She’s in flush mode no nutes for 2 weeks sitting about 1000ppm she was a heavy feeder had her up to 2200 plus with no nute burn probably could haven’t went more

Top Bottom