• Thread starter highroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi guys.
As promised I am doing a test of Karma's SSSDH x Jack Herrer #22. Not my favorite time of the year to start an indoor grow, but the testers were sent with the expectation of a prompt grow....so here we go. Also, by the time they start full on flower, temps and humidity should have subsided somewhat as we will be getting into autumn.
Eight seeds were placed into Rapid Rooters and moistened at 5:00 pm, July 6th. Once the seeds sprout and get their heads up the RRs will be placed in 1 gallon pots (8" diameter) filled with my blend of Pro Mix BX, worm castings, Happy Frog organic soil conditioner, and perlite. After they have grown out of the 1 gallon pots they will go into 3 gallon (12" diameter) nursery pots.
I will be fertilizing with Pura Vida grow and bloom along with periodic applications of various supplements I will name later. But basically it will be an organic peat based soiless drain to waste grow. My house is fitted with a point of entry filter system that removes sediments down to .5 microns and all chloramine and chlorine. It is not RO, but works very nice. It allows me to cultivate the microherd.
Early veg will be under T5 lights, then 400 watts of MH. Flowering will be under 2400 watts of HPS. They will however be sharing the room with my standbys. I may use CMH bulbs in early flower as sort of a transition, but I'm not sure at this point.
Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to this grow. Thank you to Karma Genetics for the opportunity. I hope to do it right. I welcome any advice and constructive criticism from the membership.

highroller.:sun2:

Karmatest 004
P

Papa_kush

Right on bro
interested to see how these turn out
karma's gear never disappoints.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
keep us posted i will be making a thread soon on his sweet jack

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Just to let ya know, nothing has popped up out of the rapid rooters yet, but I am seeing the tops of the seed. So I'm thinkin they popped, are shooting a taproot down and are on their way up. It has only been 48 hours.

mack 10

mack 10

sounds nice

good luck,well you can't go wrong with either of those x's .hope they do well for ya.

P

poedizzle

Im excited for this!! it should be a steller cross!!! Peace
~POE~

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
PapaKush, Pimpin, Mack 10, Moppel, poedizzle, RealBusy1...Thanks for joining in. I hope to not disappoint.

I think a little update is in order since there has been some change, eh. Start of Day 4. A few have cleared the RR and are shedding their hulls. One actually shed it's shell as I was moving things around and taking pics. On a closer look at the other five, they have all split, are growing the taproot and pushing toward the surface. Probably all be up sometime tomorrow. 100% germination. So now that they have germinated I'll let the RR's dry a bit and get ready to put them in their new homes.
A couple pics. Pics 4 and 5 is the seedling that shed it's shell during the photo shoot.
Til later then. :character0103:

Karmatest7 10 006
Karmatest7 10 007
Karmatest7 10 008
Karmatest7 10 009
Karmatest7 10 004
Karmatest7 10 005
K

Karma Genetics

Oh yeah Highroller looking forward to your progress in this thread. Good luck.

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Interesting cross! I'd like to get my hands on that SSSDH. Hey, Highroller could you go into more detail about your water filtration? Who makes the filter? and do they make a cheaper counter top model?? I had read that the only way to get chloramine out completely was to run it through a certain type of carbon filtration and then reverse osmosis to totally get rid of the ammonia. I'm trying to go 100% OG and doubt I'll be able to realize the full benefit with my water company adding chloramine @ 2.4ppm. Thanks in advance.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Jack. The way I understand it the carbon filter bed has to be catalyzed to remove chloramine. Here's where I ordered my filter. I did a little mixing and matching to get what I wanted, my brother in law plumbed it. I am satisfied with the end result. No more buying bottled water to drink. Plants like it too. I believe they have point of use filters too.

http://www.home-water-purifiers-and-filters.com/whole-house-carbon-filter.php

Looking at my original post I see I made an error. Should be 5 microns...not .5 microns.

edited to thank you Karma for the seed and the well wishes. Got all caught up in the water filter and neglected to thank you. :smoke

Jack_Baybeh

Jack_Baybeh

Much obliged HighRoller! Karma, will these beans be available any time soon??? Would love to run some of these.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Nothing much to see or say at this point. Seedling stage ya know. I did put the RR's to soil on the 11th thru the 13th. One of the seedlings refused to shuck its shell, so while trying to help it out, I broke 80% of the cotyledon off, but it has pulled through amazingly enough. Just lagging behind the others a bit.
Couple of pics at day 11 of their life.

Karmatest7 18 027
Karmatest7 18 024
Karmatest7 18 023
Karmatest7 18 028
J

jlve187

Hey man thanks for the update i subscribed to this thread looking to see how they come out in the future!!! Looking good so far man!!Hope all goes well!!

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Hi jlve187...welcome. Fire one up. Make your self at home. :nod
Ok all, we are at day 18 since the seed was taken from the package and put to the Rapid Rooters. They are now in 6" pots (what I had available atm) of the Promix, worm casting, compost mix. My dumbass broke the Eye Hortilux blue that I really like for vegging so I was using a used piece of shit general purpose MH lamp for a couple weeks that was not getting it done. Today it was replaced with a 6500 Agrolux MH. I'm quite sure the plants will respond favorably within the next day or two. They were getting a little leggy on account of the shitty light and I had to support some of them. They also got their first feed today. 10ml Pura Vida Grow and 10 ml Super Tea Mix Grow from the Guano Company per gallon of water.
Thought I'd take a couple pics of each before I put them back into their box.
Sorry bout the shitty quality of pics. I'm making a little photo area today and using the wifes new camera so pic quality will no longer be an issue.
Plant #8 is the one I broke nearly all the cotyledon off helping it out of a stubborn shell, so it's really stunted. TBO I'm surprised it survived at all.

Karmatest3 004
Karmatest3 005
Karmatest3 006
Karmatest3 007
Karmatest3 008
Karmatest3 009
Karmatest3 010
Karmatest3 011
Karmatest3 012
Karmatest3 013
Karmatest3 014
Karmatest3 015
Karmatest3 016
Karmatest3 017
Karmatest3 018
Karmatest3 019
mack 10

mack 10

coming along nicely. wont be long till them sativa genes kick in and there's cola's everywhere !lol

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Mack. Thanks. You wouldn't believe the difference in just a day or two with the new bulb and a shot of ferts. i swear they've doubled in size.
Maybe a little help from y'all??? I usually top or fim a couple times during the veg stage, but this time I'm thinkin of growing them in their natural form. What kinda stretch do you think I'll get with these being that they are Sats. 4 to 5 times? I'm trying to figure a height to flower them at.
I usually top to keep the plants shorter and let them develop more before flowering. I like to see alternating phylotaxy before flipping them, but I'm afraid with these they will be too tall after the stretch.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, eh?

U

uefear

My suggestion is to try some LST on them when they get about 4 node sets. I got two plants growing normal and one LST'd and they are the same strain. Let me tell ya, I wish I would have LST'd them all. The side branches take off and its like you have 6 plants growing off of your original stalk.

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for your input uefear. I'm still up in the air as to what I'm going to do. Usually by this time I've topped, but I'm still leaning toward a natural form since it is a test grow.
A little update at day 25 from opening seed pack. I want to do this once a week. The vegetative stage is a bit boring at times, but it is a test run so I think it's important to the breeder to get the info on a regular basis.
The plants vary in height from 2" on #8, the one that grew after havng trouble shedding its hull, to 6.5". I've removed the supports as the stems have gotten much stronger. The internodal spacing is fairly tight. All in all, I think they're doing pretty well.

Karmatest4 8 1 001
Karmatest4 8 1 003
Karmatest4 8 1 005
Karmatest4 8 1 006
Karmatest4 8 1 007
Karmatest4 8 1 008
Karmatest4 8 1 009
Karmatest4 8 1 010
Karmatest4 8 1 011
Karmatest4 8 1 012
Karmatest4 8 1 013
Karmatest4 8 1 014