hr's SSSDH x Jack Herrer #22 test grow

• Thread starter highroller
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah man...thanks Karma. A bit of good news today. Plant #8 has shown female flowers today. So out of 8 seed started, one (#4) was culled, three, #'s 3, 6, 7 were male and four, #'s 1, 2, 5, 8 are female. No hermies outa the gate. I didn't expect any because I think these are relatively stable genetics as far as I have heard. Turns out I flowered them without a moment to spare. They are getting tall! Closing in on 4 feet tall if not more. Trying to keep them out of the lights, but as close as possible without burning to keep the internodal stretch to a minimum. I'm thinkin they should be through with the preflowering stretch very soon.
So, the stage is set for flowering. Should get interesting from here on out. I'll do an update tomorrow with pics. I'm off to get more ink done today. owie....:anim_52:

edited to ask, who besides you is supposed to be doing a thread on these? I was hopin to have more journals to compare with. :wondering:evilgrin0040:

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
K then...an update at day 54 from planting and day 19 of flower.
The stretch seems to be over for the first three put to flower. Looks to be 3x indoors, untopped or trained in any way. If ya remember #8 was held back cause of damage in the seedling stage. She is the shortest at 24" and still has the major part of her stretch to go. The tallest is #1 at 51"...she was flowered at 17". #5 went from 15" to 49". #2 went from 13" to 42". I staked #1 because I'm anticipating some weight in the bud. Eventually they will all be staked.
Gave them a mild veg formula fertilization one last time. From now on out it will be flower nutes. I'll tell ya what they are and how much when I use them.
Some pics. Hope you like.

Karmatest8 8 30 001
Karmatest8 8 30 003
Karmatest8 8 30 004
Karmatest8 8 30 009
Karmatest8 8 30 011
Karmatest8 8 30 012
Karmatest8 8 30 013
Karmatest8 8 30 014
Karmatest8 8 30 015
Karmatest8 8 30 017
Karmatest8 8 30 018
Karmatest8 8 30 019
Karmatest8 8 30 021
Karmatest8 8 30 022
Karmatest8 8 30 023
Karmatest8 8 30 024
D

dirty_one

beautiful. i am running these as well and they are very similar to yours. good job!

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey dirty one. welcome to the thread.

An update at day 60 from seed and the 25th day of flower. Good and bad news I guess. Good news is I still have all 4 females growin...bad news is they are still growing lol! I had to train the tops over as they were growing above the light sources and I couldn't raise the lights any higher. Kind of a bummer as it's going to change the overall natural shape of the plant which is what I was going for. I'm 6 foot and even trained over the tops are at eye level. Monsters. I did take cuts from them so I know what to expect next time.
Another bit of semi bad news is, they have started to sport some rams curled leaves on them indicating an overdose of N. a lil tip burn is evident as well. Thing is I have been giving them just plain water and the odd very dilute mix of ferts. I'm thinkin the plants needs changed as they flowered and I didn't anticipate it. Even tho, IMO, this strain is a very light feeder. So anyhoo, kinda embarrassing, but I'm hoping a flush with Florashield will bring them around.
I'm kinda likin the build of plant #5. The third set of pics. She stretched the least so far, has the densest growth and looks like she is gonna yield the most. Other than that, they are all very similar. Plant #8 is a couple weeks behind the others.
Some pics with measurements. The last two are a random top shot and a lower branch shot. Sorry bout some of the leaves.:blush

Karmatest 9 9 5 001
Karmatest 9 9 5 002
Karmatest 9 9 5 003
Karmatest 9 9 5 007
Karmatest 9 9 5 008
Karmatest 9 9 5 009
Karmatest 9 9 5 010
Karmatest 9 9 5 015
Karmatest 9 9 5 016
Karmatest 9 9 5 017
Karmatest 9 9 5 018
Karmatest 9 9 5 021
Karmatest 9 9 5 022
Karmatest 9 9 5 023
Karmatest 9 9 5 024
Karmatest 9 9 5 027
Karmatest 9 9 5 020
Karmatest 9 9 5 013
H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
hey Mack...if you're referring to the last plant...the series before the last two pics, that's #8. The only reason she's shorter than the others is because she was held back in veg for two weeks. She was nearly a goner when I broke her trying to remove a pesky seed shell. She's rapidly catching up to the others as we speak. :flower

edited to add that the plants are starting to get this smell to them that is hard to describe....sorta like a cross between skunk and celery somewhere. I've heard that hazes have a very distinct smell...can anyone describe it for me? Or maybe it's the Herrer?

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Pics and report at day 32 of flower (except for #8, the last plant picced...she's at day 18)...day 67 overall.
Well, I'm a bit concerned at this point. I've been checking other test threads on this strain at other sites, and either I have the extreme "other end" of the spectrum, or I've seriously screwed the pooch on this grow. The plants I've seen at another site seem to have far more dense and rounded buds. I can only describe mine as airy and loose. The calyxes themselves are very large. hmmmm. Still on plain water after a flush and they don't seem to want to lighten up at all. I don't know....they are growing bud...lots of it...it's just loose like some of the landrace sativas I've grown before. They are very resinous and it builds more everyday. The smell is a sweet sort of funk that description eludes me right now. Guess time will tell how much bud they put on.
some pics.

Karmatest 10 9 13 004
Karmatest 10 9 13 005
Karmatest 10 9 13 009
Karmatest 10 9 13 011
Karmatest 10 9 13 012
Karmatest 10 9 13 014
Karmatest 10 9 13 020
Karmatest 10 9 13 022
Karmatest 10 9 13 023
Karmatest 10 9 13 026
Karmatest 10 9 13 028
Karmatest 10 9 13 029
O

ojd

hi highroller

nice grow you got going on

no need to be concerned
you have the sssdh pheno and others have the jack pheno
the jack is a big yielder,the sssdh medium to small depending on how you grow it
it does best in a multi branch plant topped or trained from very early on
the sssdh doesnt like it directly under the light move her to the side for the buds to fill out beter
3rd pic down has classic sssdh calyxs
the sssdh smells of lime/lemon candy haze im not sure what the jack h smells like
next round you want to train very early and you can have some big yields
ive got friends who get 7-8 z a plant
i usualy get 2-3z with 10-20 under a 600w
keep up the show

peace

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement and advice OJD. I really appreciate it. I was starting to get embarrassed thinking I totally screwed it up somehow and let y'all down.
I'm glad I took cuts of all of them. This time I will top, train and put to flower earlier and see how it goes. I'll also move them away from the lights a bit too. I've actually been trying to cram them under the lights as much as possible thinking it would help fill them in a bit.
By the way, the cuts rooted very easily in a cup of plain water. I just change it out once a day. Within a week all had roots and were planted. Matter of fact this method is working well with other strains too. I'm gonna do em all this way from now on. Easy peasy....
I feel better now....thanks ojd. :character0103:

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Day 37 of flower...day 23 for #8. They are starting to really pack on a lot of bud. It is sort of loose, but I have a feeling they are gonna yield pretty heavily if they go as long as I think they will. Also getting quite sticky and stinky. A real sweet smell to them, with a background of citrus?? The calyxes are extremely large. I actually checked a couple to see if they were accidentally pollinated but they are not. The pistils are still white anyway, but I checked anyway. If I hadn't had to bend them over at the top the last foot or so would've been a huge cola.
Still wrestling with their feeding needs. Now it looks like they're running a little shy of N as the lower leaves are yellowing and working its way up the plant. Especially plant #8. She didn't suffer from the earlier overfert, but is now showing the most pronouced N deficiency. I gave them 10 ml Pura Vida bloom with 10 ml of a grow guano blend and some molasses. I'm glad I took cuts of them all. I've learned a lot this go round.
Four pics a piece here for plants 1, 2, 5, 8.

Karma test 9 19 001
Karma test 9 19 002
Karma test 9 19 004
Karma test 9 19 008
Karma test 9 19 010
Karma test 9 19 012
Karma test 9 19 016
Karma test 9 19 020
Karma test 9 19 021
Karma test 9 19 022
Karma test 9 19 023
Karma test 9 19 024
Karma test 9 19 030
Karma test 9 19 031
Karma test 9 19 032
Karma test 9 19 033
B

BiggerTom

It's a trippy looking plant, eh HR. I see the fat leaves of indica, and the skinny sativa leaves. This strain may look trippy, but it sure looks good.:character0103:

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah this is a pretty wicked strain. They are smelling really sweet now and continuing to put on a lot of bud.
You're right about the foliage. Little bit of everything. It grows extremely fast too. Here's some pics of the cuts I took on the 9th. I just cut them and put them in a glass of water and they rooted. Insanely easy. I got a couple from each plant. This go round I'll be doing most everything in the book to keep the height under control now that I know what monsters they become. :blush

Mosca test 9 24 031
Mosca test 9 24 032
Mosca test 9 24 033
mack 10

mack 10

you know, i bet they would love it sog style ,flipped as soon as rooted,with the right pheno......good growing highroller.

L

luvinlife

Lookin very nice HR.....Dont know how I missed this thread but Im on it now.....nice work both HR and Karma!! cant wait to see the next pics.......

R

redroot

looking good highroller. looks like this plant could be flowerd from clone. or maybe just a short veg. and top a few times. i love strains with good vigour. looking foward too seeing these puff out

B

BiggerTom

... It grows extremely fast too. Here's some pics of the cuts I took on the 9th. I just cut them and put them in a glass of water and they rooted. Insanely easy. :blush
Yep, my cuttings are starting to bust all kinds of roots. It was superFAST!:smiley_joint:

Latest posts

Top Bottom