HTC Skunk IBL

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Has anyone grown out HTC's Skunk IBL?

I've only done one seed, it's a girl and she's flushing now - will be done in a few days @ 70d. What I really need to know is, what does a typical HTC Skunk plant smell like and is there much pheno variation?

My reason for asking is that mine is a proper stinker - on a cheese level of stink, maybe more hardcore because it smells like poo.... I've mentioned this in another thread, but it smells incredible....I'm referring to it as the "fruity poo" pheno for the time being.

If this wasn't an IBL I'd be thinking I've found the next Cheese...but am wondering if all HTC Skunk phenos smell like that?

Cheers

FF

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Mine smelled like that as well FF....a real sweet, fruity poo smell. I didn't much care for it, but that's just me.

F

FastForward

In that case, major props to HTC.....it's an amazing smell....really unique....I find the smell strangely appealing....going to take a few more cuts....this one's most probably a keeper and I've got a feeling I'm going to want more :)

T

Train 2 Bangkok

I have some HTC Skunk IBLs in the fridge and have not had a chance to run them yet. Am glad you are happy with yours!

I have also read that another HTC pheno smells like "the spot where a skunk sprayed a few days after a rain storm" and there is a sweeter pheno, that is kinda like grapefruit. The original skunk weed bred by Sam the Skunkman in the 1970s supposedly had two phenos, the skunky pheno and a sweet pheno. When he brought the line to the Netherlands, unfortunately the breeders there mostly chose to work with the sweeter pheno, and in effect, bred the "skunk" out of skunk weed!

The HTC IBL is the closest thing I have seen to the old-school Cali genetics available.

F

FastForward

Thanks C2B and Moe. I've been smoking some early test cuts (the droopy arms) and loving it - the smell totally carries into the taste. Very very moreish I'm finding....got that cheese factor with a sweet finish.

Here's some photos of mine currently flushing hard @ day 67 (of about 70), grown in coco, Canna nutes, bloombastic, EC1.8 pH 5.7.

Also, is BrotherMonk still around? If you're reading this BM, top work fella....this is going to be headstash for a while I think....

IMG 7780
IMG 7781
IMG 7783
IMG 7784
IMG 7785
IMG 7786
IMG 7787
F

FastForward

This definitely isn't RKS.....apparently RKS smells like freshly run down skunk (a smell I do know from my time in Cali....proper skunk smell)...whereas this smells totally like fruity poo. More poo than fruit! Think turd on a layer of fruit salad :)

H

highroller

Premium Member
Supporter
Yup, that's the smell FF. I can't stand that fermented baby shit smell. I grew out some Hashberry that smelled just like it, although, unlike the Hashberry, the Skunk IBL at least has a proper stone to it. Just can't get past that smell. Glad you like it tho...lol!

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
looks and sounds awesome!!!

Fruity poo. Yai. I had a Black Domina once that smelt like crap. I thought an animal had taken a shit in my grow room.

Hmm, I was speaking with BM on another site, so he is around and well.

F

FastForward

the Skunk IBL at least has a proper stone to it.

Hell yeah - this has honestly just passed the FF test, and that was with late 7 week tester buds. It's so pokey that I'm not letting it go full 70....am going to pull it tonight and put it into 2 days of darkness today. She's more than ready :)

The stone is beautiful - a proper stone, in all senses of the word. I haven't been properly stoned like I have on this for yonks (even Dam).....it cuts straight through my oil and tinc tolerances. It's a really warm puffy fuckedness, both head and body. I imagine this has fantastic medical uses but for recreational this stuff is my cup of tea for all-round headstash: tasty as heck with a real comforting buzz, leaning on the couchlock side of things. A definite keeper, although I'm sure the taste is a marmite kinda thing (love it or hate it, for the non-UK farmers :))

F

FastForward

More stoney ramblings....I just LOVE this weed....dank and sweet at the same time....the pooey edge has definitely lessened (but not had a proper cure yet) but the taste is relatively unique and very very moreish. Someone ought to consider working with it, maybe me when I get the balls to grow some males....top smoke....

Moe Danks

Moe Danks

has anyone found a pheno that smells, like it this order sorta, sweet, skunky, musky/mothballs. i had some skunk like that a few years back that was just amazing. fun weed that makes you feel great and laugh. hope someone finds it. but it does stink up the whole house :smiley_joint:

K

Karma Genetics

Yeah Credits to Brother monk, for reviving and getting these out to the folks.

D

D.B.Cooper

I have wanted to run this aswell. I read there is a stinky pheno which I would love. Awsome job.....are you still running this pheno?

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

FF i see you used the atami bloombastic, couple of quick questions as i am thinking about grabbing up some. 1) is this the only bloom/flower nute you use. 2) is it worth the money or would a simple pk13/14 do the trick at a lower cost

Latest posts

Top Bottom