HTG Brand LEDs

• Thread starter Dooty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dooty

Dooty

Was wondering if anyone had any experience with HTG Supply's Tri-Band LED systems. Any information would be greatly appreciate as I am starting up a grow soon and have been considering investing in those particular lights..Thanks again in advance

-Dooty:peeking:

shawnskush

shawnskush

I use them in veg with good results. I especially like the tight node spacing they promote. I find they are not really powerful enough for proper flowering yields.

Dooty

Dooty

now did y0u use the 120w or 300w from HTG and how many per plant? how many did u have on for flowering that u weren't pleased with the flowering and what size room/tent were u using?

Kushwick

Kushwick

The 7 band seems to be a more bang for your buck any reason why you would go with the tried ban over it?

Dooty

Dooty

HTG is a company I had used and trusted and saw the tri band LEDs and wanted more information on them...My budget isent the highest to start with so I need to get the most bang for my buck..Any suggestions greatly appreciated

tags420

tags420

Those HTG's are not very good and can be bought directly from china for cheaper.
Why are you going led's?

Look into cidly...they make the apollo. They are the factory in china where all places like htg, gotham, and others all get their lights from. You can get one of their full panels straight from them for the price of the little ufo at htg.
I am not saying that they are great lights. Most(90%) of china or china reseller lights break or fail within the first year. And warranties aren't great with those type of lights. But if you have a cheap budget go direct to china...all the same lights and you will get the more bang for you buck.

BIGDAMBUD1

BIGDAMBUD1

I am getting ready to start a J here soon with the 240 watt 7 band...I have used them alone and in conjunction with hps/mh over the last couple years with great results...but like most anything compared with growing MJ...they have their place and usage as stated...if you growing for personal smoke...small space...minimal work/time....they will get it done for you used alone...if they(HTG brand) don't...you got other issues in the room/pot effecting a decent finish...are they better than?hps/mh?...some areas yes...some no...depends on your skills and set-up arrangements...what you looking for?....ease/quality/ yield?...remember...most strains quality/power/yield is in the genetic make-up and skilled work/ breeding programs/ parents/ etc...not the light source per say...but... if yield is your primary target...they can't compare as good or better in total yield to
hps when used alone just yet...but... in combination with or when they're used alone...there's some good things saved/produced in a lot of other areas that make them worth using... even with the minimal loss in yield I've seen in my using them...the off setting electric cost and work/equipment needed in other places when using the dreaded high heat HPS lights...makes them worthwhile to some peeps...I have no gripes or regrets with mine...they produce more than enough weed for me to consume/share personally, and allow me to get some great results in small spots with minimal envionmental issues...especially the dreaded heat issues that cause so many failures for peeps in the beginning...a 1000 watt hps won't produce good yields for anybody in too hot a room ,if everything else you're doing is absolutely perfect...and it is still using 1000 wasted watts...so you gain nothing if you simply can't control temps or have whats needed to do so...no different than controlling ph...don't do it right...you gonna get less yield...I've grown the same genetics with both types, alone and in combination, and the only thing I've lost was a little yield at the end...but the punch/quality of smoke was hardly changed if any at all..I've seen great weed grown with excellent results with a shop light,if your budget is tight...but the other things(like whats in the root zone for instance) are so much more important and harder to perfect than your light source imo..."the very best paint won't make a shitty prep job look good"...same with light in your grow...it will only benefit you 100% if all the other things are lined up just right...good luck in your choice and grow...but your primary focus should be on the other things involved that cause so many miserable failures and low yield disappointments...and as kushwick stated...the 7 240 is the better deal than the tri-band 120 money wise....I've used/have both....it's better...but not a difference like night and day...I think you'll be satisfied if you go with either/or....and will find that all the other things involved with "10" growing will require more skill and experience than your choice of light, given whats available from reputable sources today...I'll be looking for your grow....good luck...just my O...

symbiote420

symbiote420

HTG has some pretty decent equipment, I've been running my $110 400w MH magnetic unit I got from em for over a year and a half now and it was on 24 hrs up until about 3 months ago when I put her on a timer @ 19 on/5 off. I've used their bulbs on more than one occasion too! Never had a problem and my meds have still been superb!!

Haven't heard too much about their LEDs yet, I was thinking of adding 4 of their UFOs to the bloom room though!

tags420

tags420

HTG doesn't make anything...they just rebrand from companies like C.A.P.(hps) and Cidly(led).

The best led's on the market just this year started producing more lm/w(and par) than hps. And non of these cheap lights you guys have been talking about have anything close to that technology...and that is why they don't perform for you...not cause led's can't keep up.
You get what you pay for, specially with led's.

Dooty

Dooty

Thanks Tags..just by reading the description on the Tri Band LED from HTG makes it seem like they have some mad scientist in a room outback making there LEDS...Thanks for the feedback as im learning and havent decided whether to go with HID or LED...I like the idea of less heat being generated and the claim that LEDs only give the plant what it needs for light as opposed to an HID where at least HTG claims only 10% of the light discharge is used for growing plants...Havent decided what to do yet..Have a smaller budget than id like to start so just trying to figure out all the facts and get the best bang for my buck as far as keeping down electric costs and getting some nice quality smoke and good yields..Any and all information is very much appreciated :)

Dooty

ken dog

ken dog

I have one tri band 110 watt, and several 240 watt super veg LEDs.

I use them all for bloom, and the super veg does double duty on the veg as well.

One Light for a two by two space, & 3 lights for a 2 by 4 space.

the 240 watt super veg is the best deal.

after 5 months, one of my super veg lights stopped working, and HTG sent it back and refurbished it... no cost and it took a week, and they gave me a loaner light in the meantime.

Growboy

Growboy

the only good LED that HTG has is the agromax pro series 280w is what i was looking at before i found it from some other place for almost half the cost and with a better warranty and 7 band of light.

HTG

Kush innovations

I love the results still have 3-4 weeks when pic was taken
20130920 230006

ken dog

ken dog

I picked up the 300 watt tri band from HTG supply for $300... It was refurbished and used. here are some pictures of a Maui Blue Dream that is exactly 6 weeks old out of the clone bucket which it was in for approximately 3 weeks... and it is now in its 28th day of flower.

the 300 watt tri band has been over it for 3 weeks, and before that, the 240 watt Super Veg light.

what follows, is a picture from a Maui Blue Dream bud that I just harvested last night from my ebb and flow grow... and it was grown entirely with the 240 watt Super Veg light and the 110 watt tri band.
all my lights are from HTG Supply.
20131022 162820
20131022 161347
20131022 173501

H

heebie

I have several 240 watts from htg as well. They were quite well I would suggest mixing the super veg and bloom spectrums as they Are all universal if you're able to mix the Grow and bloom spectrums that way. You're going to want about 50 watts per square foot. And you should be about right.

Top Bottom