htg supply digital greenhouse ballast?

• Thread starter tyson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tyson

Im trying to figure out my next purchase and any help would be appreciated.
Im trying to decide between getting 1000watt digital greenhouse ballast from htg supply, which I would add the easy cool 8 reflector too. It says the reflector has hinged seals and a air tight gasket. Has anyone used these hoods or ballast?

My other option is getting the magnum xxxl 8 reflectors and some normal core and coil ballast?

Someone said on another post that there magnum xxxl reflectors weren't airtight which is important for me because I will be runing co2.... so any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

R

Rolln J

I have the htg supply digi - love it!

the hood is great too - easy to clean the glass once a week so you dont loose lumens.

D

d420

Premium Member
Supporter
I also have the 1k watt from htg. Before I had that one I had a growbright 1k from htg and the digital one was way better. It has a little internal fan that keeps it quite cool, the other one i had to buy a fan for it cause it started melting the power cord..So the digital one is super, i would recommend it. peace

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

For what it is worth I have a 400 watt HTG digi greenhouse light setup; it has a loud buzz like magnetic ones. I works great with no issues, but I though "no noise" and "silent" meant something else! :)

H

HossCartwright

Check out Green Coast Hydroponics and Plant Lighting Hydroponics. Both have really good combo deals on complete light systems.

I suggest you get a Harvest Pro switchable 1000w ballast(Old reliable), System 2 reflector(100% fully sealed) and Hortilux bulb($35 upgrade @ GC Hydro, $69 every day price @ PLH).

Go with quality from the start rather than buying junk and upgrading later, if you can.

R

Rolln J

For what it is worth I have a 400 watt HTG digi greenhouse light setup; it has a loud buzz like magnetic ones. I works great with no issues, but I though "no noise" and "silent" meant something else! :)

you have a defective ballast - only noise mine makes is the small cpu type fan.

mace

mace

i had 2 or 3 burn out on me, personally wouldn't recommend their digi brand

L

lifecycle

I have been running the htg ballast for over a year, I thought they were good. Until I moved, and then the cable man showed up at my front door. Apprently It shut down the whole neigborhoods cable and internet,whoops. So I then bought a lumatek 1k, what a difference!No RF interfearence, no backfeeding. I cannot believe the amount of light the lumatek puts out compared to the digital greenhouse, its insane Ive been getting fucked the whole time ive been using the digital greenhouse. Cheaper isnt allways better. Well just thought I would share my experience with you. GL

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

Well i'm glad it isn't just mine! I called HTG like 3 times about it and never got a call back from all of my voicemails, I think I even sent an email with no response. Shame, everyone says how great they are and I had kind of a bad experience because of that. On the other hand the order was really well packed and every I order was there plus they "were out" of the lightbulb I ordered and got a free upgrade with a little note explaining so that part was cool. This all took place like December last year too btw.

I am gonna upgrade to a Lumatek 600 hopefully soon, everyone says they are the best and lifecycle's reply says it all up there for me! Thanks for that reply too!

R

Rolln J

HTG used to have great customer support - lately they have been spotty and the website doesn't function right - so I have taken my business to discounthydro - awesome customer service (shout out to April) and I get stuff the next day without paying any extra for shipping...

which is really weird becasue I live way out in the boonies and if you pay extra for overnight it still usually takes 2 days!

M

mountaindank

I've got a Lumatek 250W from discount hydro. The customer service from discount hydro is great, and I love the ballast too. Absolutely silent, generates almost no heat, and there's no electrical interference.

S

solarz

I have a HTG digi 600 and 1k and they both work great. I haven't had a problem yet...and i've been running them for a while now. I will agree that their customer service is definitely going down the drain. When you call, you are place on hold for EVER...and then most of the time you just get hung up on some how. I also run a quantum that's not bad at all.

solarz

OpTikFiber

OpTikFiber

HTG used to have great customer support - lately they have been spotty and the website doesn't function right - so I have taken my business to discounthydro - awesome customer service (shout out to April) and I get stuff the next day without paying any extra for shipping...

which is really weird because I live way out in the boonies and if you pay extra for overnight it still usually takes 2 days!

This place right? http://www.discount-hydro.com/

Just making sure. and glad to hear it wasn't just my experience that wasn't top shelf with htg.

C

CyconautiX

Hello all! Quick first post now, but I'll be around more for sure. I am very curious if the 600w Digital Greenhouse HPS/MH ballast does pulse start. i know almost every popular digital brand these days is listed on http://www.sunpulselamps.com/ as compatible. I, sadly, purchased from HTG. Can I say bad service and slow contact? i also had a bulb burn out out from them..had to quickly get another or that wouldn't have been good. after two weeks, they sent me a ballast as a replacement. That didn't make sense but i didn't mind since ballasts cost about double. I then got another HPS to have two 600w lights. I am now looking for a MH to replace one HPS during veg and i would like one from http://www.sunpulselamps.com/ If that is not possible, any good ideas? Thanks!

Latest posts

Top Bottom