HTG supply magnetic ballasts?

• Thread starter Noworries
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Noworries

I am going to have to buy a couple of ballasts and just wanted to get some input...

After seeing a few threads about capacitors bursting/igniting/whatever I am not really thinking "buy the cheapest thing available"

HTG has its own brand of magnetic ballasts as well as agrostar & growbright...would any of those be a strong choice for a magnetic ballast?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Na if your getting magnetic jus go for cheap. I'd look for it to be both 120 and 240 and look to see if it run both metal halide and hps. It'll make you life easier if you wanna change your setup in the future

If ya wanna spend some money look for a nice digital ballast

Chobble

Chobble

Na if your getting magnetic jus go for cheap. I'd look for it to be both 120 and 240 and look to see if it run both metal halide and hps. It'll make you life easier if you wanna change your setup in the future

If ya wanna spend some money look for a nice digital ballast

Dont go to cheap, buy used hydrofarm ballasts or some other name brand, dont worry about buying new they last forever. I have a couple old magnetic ballasts that use 7 amps as to my hydrofarm ones use 6 amps@240v, it adds to your upkeep cost. Just check the amps really.

Tnelz

Tnelz

What size r u looking for. Got a 400 Watt switchable mh hps that is fairly new just sitting around collecting dust.

HouseOfWojo

HouseOfWojo

I go to our local grow shop. Most of them in CO have used equipment sitting all the time (too many thought just because it is legal, it must be easy to grow too). Sometimes can grab a 1000w 120/240 MH/HPS used for under $75. Then if I feel it is a little older or used, as said in earlier posts, I just swap out the parts. Don't spend a ton on a magnetic.

N

Noworries

I'll be needing 1ks, I run digitals now but had a scare with the cable company over RF recently...they had a lot of interference coming from my house, I had to go kill everything while the guy was working on changing out a splitter he thinks fixed it...

currently I run lumatek/galaxy/digital greenhouse

Was trying to go to magnetics just for peace of mind

N

Noworries

Hahaha ...i can imagine the cable guy saying " yup that did it" ...very clever.
ya, i got lucky i guess. The guy seemed alright, I played dumb. "what usually causes RF interference?" he replies with "loose connections, or bad splitters etc" I said Oh, I see...then he showed me the read out on his little box that measures it...

I said I was going to get some things out of my truck, would he be alright...then I disappeared for 60 seconds to shut it all down =P

I was mind fucked the whole time, I had no clue he was coming. I wake up at 8:30 am hearing a beeping (truck in reverse) in my driveway...not something you want to wake up to

Top Bottom